Spring was in the air

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So off we went for a bimble :D the sun shone, it was warm and Jess was like being sat on a loaded gun, several times I put my leg on super gently and entered rocket launcher status! :p it was a lovely ride :D
FB_IMG_1521234650098.jpg FB_IMG_1521234660462.jpg
Even the wet bits were drying outFB_IMG_1521234640915.jpg looking down to the river
FB_IMG_1521234652946.jpg
Fresh log stacks, it means the immediate forest around us is going to be harvested :(FB_IMG_1521234647056.jpg
Then I let jess go a route she's asked to go down about the last half a dozen times we've past it, no clue why she's been itching to go that way it's not the easiest FB_IMG_1521234655801.jpg
As the trail runs out and we have to off road :DFB_IMG_1521234643972.jpg

I used to love 'off roading' with Belle - we really weren't supposed to though, but what can you do when your horse keeps asking you to go a certain way. Glad you had a nice ride, it was a glorious day here but sadly I was working.

Reactions: Jessey
The hacking looks so lovely where you are @Jessey !
We are thinking about selling up and moving, no idea where though. Scotland or Shropshire are favourites at the moment, mainly because of house prices.
Very tempted to move near you after looking at your photos.

I'm always envious of your hacking , I have roads and that's it :( I can't move as we have a business and also family all around us.
But i do smile when I see your photo's cause I imagine what it must be like ;)

p.s we also have the snow/ hail/sleet and strong winds today :(

We had hail and a sleety do earlier. Apparently there is light snow due. But omg:eek:it is cold. The wind is going right through me. Not a day for fencing but it must be done at some point:oops:

We had hail and a sleety do earlier. Apparently there is light snow due. But omg:eek:it is cold. The wind is going right through me. Not a day for fencing but it must be done at some point:oops:
Cor you're brave, it's biting here 'feels like' -8 apparently :( I was all set to ride, even got my hat cam ready but jess was crabbing across the field trying not to walk into the wind and had her ears tucked into her rug :rolleyes: so I decided not to, but now I'm bored stuck in the house o_O

Forecast snow here too, just had a few flurries so far. Wind it biting though. Definitely not a riding day.

I’m bored at home too, doing some cleaning and house hunting on the internet.

Just lit the fire as the wind seems to be getting inside today, so hopefully will be lovely and snug soon

Cor you're brave, it's biting here 'feels like' -8 apparently :( I was all set to ride, even got my hat cam ready but jess was crabbing across the field trying not to walk into the wind and had her ears tucked into her rug :rolleyes: so I decided not to, but now I'm bored stuck in the house o_O

Well I feel I have to sort some new paddocks out. Poor old Chloe was so desperate for a roll this morning she rolled on the yard:eek:. They girls have been confined to the yard and stoney track for a week so they are trying to tell me somethingo_OZi has been wandering, he comes and goes as he pleases (but he doesn't have a tendon injury to worry about of course).
Minus eight must feel awful!!! Stay warm in the house:D

Its snowed virtually non stop since 7am here, but it's not settling, which is most odd as it's been quite persistent and decent amounts. We're meant to get more tonight though. It's pants.

Last edited:
Spring sprung and then went back to bed.

The oystercatchers are here, which is always a sign, the daffs are in bud but it is cold, so very cold. A bitter wind is blowing and drying up the mud but there is a windchill factor or RealFeel (gross) of minus 4.

Full thermals back on.

newrider.com