Started jumping the Ginger things again tonight

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
After the Ginger thing did so well at the weekend I need to shake his training up so he does not get stale, So tonight 2 of the girls at my yard set up a grid for me starting from trotting poles and worked up to a 3 jump bounce. Only a foot tall as I have to get my confidence jumping back after my fall.

He was as always a super star, once he realised what we were doing he applied himself to the task and was off. He is so steady and fun and does fill me with confidence again. The girls just called out pointers as such as take it wider or give a check and he was amazing. :smug:

That sounds great and I get the impression it was better than you thought it was going to be... Which is always the best way for things to turn out!

yes I have never been one for jumping but he is so scopey and talented plus I want him to be an alrounder therefore I have to find my big girl pants and get on with it

Hmmm I reckon that would be the fastest way to make the mythical million in the equestrian world - inventing foolproof brave pants! I always think of you as uber confident. I reckon you decide to get on with it and then just do it.

Can you tell I prevaricate and dither. I wish I was more of a definite just do it person!

That sounds like a very successful and fun session :biggrin: well done to you and Ginger!

I really think there is a market for brave pants :giggle: there should be a whole range, I'd like ones for going in big open spaces and fields and out hacking. I love xc and not phased by the actual jumps but the big open spaces and fields do make me kind of nervous especially if Cyrus acts like someone gave him a packet of skittles and a few double espressos!

I have in my wardrobe a selection of brave pants and a couple of man-up suits for when the brave pants just will not cut it.

Open spaces have never bothered me both boys are good with that. Just leaving the ground bothers me - a lot I am a dressage diva for that reason:smile:

I would love brave pants!!

I get so nervous about jumping but once I am doing it I absolutely love it. We did a 2ft course last weekend and Ben was amazing. I just wish that he would jump 2ft instead of 3ft over them!

newrider.com