Storage in wet room

Shannon_Clover

Mar 16, 2005
Ireland
www.geriburlesque
My horse feed and headcollars and ropes are in the milking palour which is mostly wet on floor.
I want to move the rest of the stuff in there cos it just a nusiance bringing stuff up and back.

I remeber people mention broken freezer for storage which would be fine for food, medicine other products and grooming kit.
But what about tack and rugs (even though my two dont wear rugs but you never know in future)?

Could a freezer be set up in standing position so that door swing out like a warerobe and screw in hooks for headcollars, ropes and a saddle rack.
Or is too dangerous? that it could fall on top of you :eek:

I think it would be too wet for old wooden warerobe or press.
Is there anything that could be stored off floor say on top of a plank thing used for storing seeds,etc.

Why I need to put stuff in storage and covered, is cos it an open space, birds can fly in and poop everywhere :eek:

Any suggestions welcome or tips that you used.

have you thought of standing whatever you have on bricks to keep it off the floor or get an old pallet from a warehouse to go underneath it works for me.

You could use a freezer on its side but only if it is bolted with big beefy bolts to a solid (brick or block wall). Otherwise it might protect your tack but they might find your crushed and broken corpse underneath it......:D

But they are brilliant for feed storage, keep out all the vermin, damp etc and lots have sections already. Much cheaper than feed bins and hold a lot more than metal dustbins as well as being better (heavier) lidded.:)

The massive double wardrobes from Ikea are not that expensive, or I'm sure the bathroom cupboards they do would also be suitable. You could always paint anything you do get with a sealant as well for extra protection.

I use a chest freezer at the yard (and a wardrobe at home, correction, Daffy's stuff is in *my* wardrobe, he'll have his own when the hall is decorated ;)) which is great, but things can condense inside, although I had ice inside my car on Tuesday from leaving a wet exercise sheet inside the boot, I've never had ice in my freezer since we cut the plug. :p

newrider.com