Stubble fun!

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
We are so lucky here. We get the usual harvest and then we get the organic harvest which is always abit later so stubble season here is extended :D Jack and I had some fun in the field they are busy combining. He is such a good boy :D

Just to add, this field is owned by the horses owner and I have full permission to ride in them even when they are actually in there with the combine, the lads just think I'm abit mad, I don't argue :p;):p

:D
Never ridden in a stubble field. There isn't anything here that either has this or you are allowed.
Like above as soon as anything is cut, the cows or sheep are moved within days.
We have fields full of stock around here.

Last edited:
Reactions: mystiquemalaika
They rotate some fields here. Certain ones are grass always but then there are a selection of grass or crop. They do a grass and red clover mix then 1st wheats then more wheat or beans and rotate again. Some is ploughed now after harvest and some left till winter. Cattle or sheep graze the grass fields and the cattle also graze the grass and clover mix on rotation. Its done slightly different been organic. The non organic fields round here also belong to the estate owner but are rented out into 3 separate farms but again we have permission to ride them and all the organic fields have a minimum 6ft margin but most are 12+
The fact the owner also has horses is a huge bonus.

Wow that brought back memories of gallopy fun in the stubble fields where I used to keep Oscar, I did actually LOL when you did your woohoo! Thank you for sharing, what a blast.
Belle would have managed about 100 yards and then said ‘ok I’m done now’ either that or she would have said woohoo, bucked me off and galloped into the sunset!

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Very jealous, I’ve missed the stubble this year with Raf being lame, but anyway in most fields round here the ground is too hard and there’s big cracks in the soil with it being so dry. Even walking the dog is a challenge in case I put my foot down a crack lol.

Glad someone is getting to enjoy it though!

@newforest They run hunts here. Its a very horsey art of the country all round. I prefer to just keep them fit for it I do t much enjoy all the hustle and bustle :oops:

@Bodshi I'm sorry you have missed them this year and all fingers crossed Raf and you get on them next year. Our group d was bad up until harvest. They got 2 days start then rain came (go figure :p) we have had a good mix of rain and good weather this month though and it's done our ground the world of good.

@domane that's great you get a couple left over winter!

It was great fun. I'm considering investing in a hat cam as I'd love a video like this on Bally but I can't do one handed with him like this I don't think and haven't dared try :oops:

newrider.com