Stupid stupid bin man!!!!

H & Bailey

Nov 12, 2001
north east england
www.freewebs.com
hi just need a rant!
I decided to take bruno out in the exercise cart on friday, first time for ages, he was really enjoying himself and was quite forward going, but jumpy with things coming from behind... cars and vans dont seem to slow down much for a driven pony!:mad:or give you much room!:mad:
well on the way home the recycling bin wagon was parked up the road a bit, collecting glass and tin..its usually gone and been by that time.bruno could hear the wagon and wasnt over distressed.
young council worker was emptying the green boxes into a wheelie bin ready for the wagon...he chucked a box in as we were approaching, bruno sorta shot forwards a bit and scrunched up, i steadied him and politely shouted' excuse me can you just wait a minute till i get past?' he looked straight at me and laughed and chucked a box in to the bin making bruno shoot forward and dance about!!!!! by this time cars had stopped well behind and in front...
he then picked up another box and chucked that in!!!:eek:
bruno by this time was half rearing and had me across the other side of the road...
i am sorry to say i absolutely lost my rag and started to swear at the young lad who was laughing, i said you stupid *** idiot ...cant you just wait a minute do you want to cause a major accident!!!!!etc etc...i managed to get bruno going forwards and he was twisting and trying to turn around and went on a bit
unfortunately for him he didnt see the police van up the road who could see me having a hoo ha, they got out and i shouted at them to have a word with the **** head who was being and idiot.....
bru settled and we continued thanking the white faced drivers in both directions.
the police van passed and i caught up to them, the pc siad the lad had said he 'didnt see me'...right he was laughing right in my face!!!!i also said to them he should pull the other one as it has bells on..to which they laughed and agreed there was no way he didnt HEAR us coming as bruno has harness bells...
i have complained to the council and hope they ring me as this is a very horsey area.. what would have happened if i had been leadin him with the kids in? it doesnt bear to think about does it?
Also do you think he will be nervous next time he is out and how do i keep him straight and not jumping forwards?bear in mind he is driven not ridden....

Attachments

• pets in paint 002.jpg
    pets in paint 002.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 90
Firstly what a gorgeous pony, looks such a sweetie!!
But oh my god what an idiot!!! I would have been so angry if someone had done that to me! I'd of been tempted to get of and go and lamp him one lol.

I hope something gets done although i'm not sure it will! I had someone in a transit drive at me with the horn on and the police wouldn't do anything as they where off a Gypsy camp. Even though technically that is attempted murder!!!

I hope something does happen and i hope you don't get the pleasure of meeting him again!!

i hate it when people do things to deliberately scare your horse. I was riding down a stoney road when a 4 x 4 slowed down in front of me, then went pedal to the metal flicking all stones and dust in my path and making a loud noise frightening my poor girl. some people !!!!!!!!! sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Speedy. xxx

I had exectly the same problem with out local recycle men. Apart from the police. My mare was spinning in the road and refused to go any where near. As they are throwing boxes full of stuff into the lorry. I asked sever times for them to stop, including screaming at the top of my voice. But they refused to stop. When they stoped after 15 mins or so to move the lorry I got her past. When I asked them why they hadn't stopped, they said they didn't have to stop for any one and 2 of them laughed in my face. Our bin men are fantastic with the horses, but they are out sources.

I put a complaint into the council as well, who took it much more seriously that the recycle company. When the boss spoke to them, they also all said they didn't see me, which I then came back with, if that is the case, why did they make the comment about not stopping for anyone. They did eventually admit it and I did get any apology. But it took a lot to get it through this blokes thick head, that if I had been a novice rider or a child this could result in a very nast accident. They have promised they will stop for any future horsse, but we will see. You need to push the fact about their responisblity for health and safety.

Stick with it, might be worth getting some advice from citizens advice or some one about their legal responsibility to the safetly of other road users. Good luck

grrrrr, what the hell is wrong with some people!!! :mad::mad::mad:
I would of had a right mind to throw one of those boxes in his face to see how he reacts, or maybe shoot a gun at his feet and watch him dance! :D

your poor little lad though, im sorry i cant offer any advice of keeping him calm next time your out as i have never driven.

let us know what the council says!

:mad:I dont what it is with some people,but they see a horse on the road and think its funny to try and scare the horse,and couldnt care less about what might happen,i would definately complain to the council about this idiot.:mad:

Tally you made me laugh with your comment about shooting a gun at his feet & watching him dance! Hilarious image in my head!!! :D
Seriously though, he should have stopped throwing the boxes & waited until the horse was well past. Maybe karma will catch up with him one day & make him pay for his stupidity.

Well Karma definately got one of my recycle men. This was obviously not the only complaint they had about him, because he was sacked the week after I put my complaint in :) thought they wouldn't tell me what for. It couldn't have happened to a nicer chap :)

We have a problem with motorbikes in our area, it seems a mecka on a sunny day, I have ended up across the road as they not only insist on coming past fast, loud and close but also bibbing, one of these days we will collide.

That is freaking ridiculous, I can't believe someone would be that stupid.
& to say he didn't see you, right, I guess he knows how stupid he was being.
I really hope the council takes action and fires him or something, because it could have been much, much worse =/

Oh and I just must say, your pony is absolutly gorgoues!
I just want to squish it hehe.

newrider.com