sunshine+ponies=very happy!!

jovi_y2k2

Apr 5, 2002
South Yorkshire
Had my first ride on my new loan horse Whisper this weekend, it's sooooo good to be back in the saddle!! Although my very sore legs say otherwise :D

Not ridden for nearly a year and I was quite surprised at how nervous I was, went out for a hack with my YO and the first ride yesterday was a little eventful! My YO's horse was a bit hyper and dancing all over the place but Whisper just plodded on at his own little pace not bothering that he was miles behind :rolleyes: then we passed a field of horses that decided it was very exciting seeing us and were galloping and neighing which really set my YO's horse off, and Whisper was a little jumpy and started screaming and snorting :rolleyes: and I got told off by a man in a Jaguar, saying "should you be out on the roads on those animals" :mad: bit peeved but I just said thank you for stopping and we carried on our merry way. Didn't end up going the whole route we'd planned as YO's horse ended up with her bum in the hedge.

Much quieter ride today and my YO went for a canter, I was still a little nervous and Whisper bless him just stayed happily in trot whilst my YO went ahead (although slightly extended trot! :p). So very pleased with him so far and hoping the weather starts picking up so we can get him ready for the show season, so excited!! :D

Here are a couple of pics of him

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
newrider.com