Super-Cob and The Ginger Ninja Go Arena Eventing

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Their RI told me they were ready for this so (gulp:confused: :confused: ) I took them along yesterday.

I nearly died walking the course but kept an upbeat, confident face on. They didn't seem bothered at all!

Just look at the size of these fences:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway, they were fab. Both got eliminated at the same fence (see below: the one of them having to jump into a dark wood.) Lisa stopped, cat-jumped and stumbled on landing toppling Twin 1 off. Oscar stopped, snorted and had a wee!! But they were allowed to continue and jumped them all!! This is as high as I would go on Cally so I'll be competing against them from now on. So proud of them. Pulled together a fun video clip. Enjoy!! :p

DSC03350(2).jpg DSC03351(2).jpg DSC03355(2).jpg DSC03352(2).jpg

I have to ask, how do their times compare? Lisa looks as if she takes everything r e a l l y s l o w l y compared to Oscar, but I wonder if it's just appearances!

Lisa is actually faster in straight lines. Oscar has a short, bouncy stride like a rocking horse. Lisa is a power house who covers the ground better. Weird but true. When we are doing doubles, Lisa easily makes the 2nd element off a single stride, Oscar always needs 2 strides. But Oscar is bendier and springier so Twin 2 can make tighter turns. But overall Lisa jumps the round quicker than Oscar usually.

Oh wow, they make it look so easy! Must say Oscar sometimes gaily flicks his back legs over the jumps rather more than I would sit comfortably to :) Can't believe how confident your girls are now, happy girls, happy ponies :) :) :)

Oh wow, they make it look so easy! Must say Oscar sometimes gaily flicks his back legs over the jumps rather more than I would sit comfortably to :) Can't believe how confident your girls are now, happy girls, happy ponies :) :) :)

He does flick his legs up. I find him quite hard to sit to! Twin 2 is used to it now. Does mean he rarely has a pole down though.
Their confidence is astonishing. It's just lovely to see after so many months of being constantly afraid whenever they rode. Not only are they back where they were pre-accident but actually they are suddenly far further on. I am so pleased with how balanced they look, how still in the saddle they are and how quietly they ride. Far better than my flappy, bouncy efforts!! Not sure how that happened so quick but they are just improving every week at the moment.

Reactions: Bodshi
newrider.com