Sussex Horse Rescue Trust to close

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Gutted to see this very very much needed rescue closing its doors. It's been going since 1968 and I was involved with it for around 20 years when based in sussex. They have 200 horses out on loan and 87 at the facility which was a wreck when they moved there and is now a very good up to date rescue centre.

Surely one of the other charities could take over the running of it and pool resources and keep it open? Most of the sanctuary horses are hard to rehome, and there is a large donkey herd, including around 8 of my French donkeys.

Absolutely heartbroken for Pauline and her team - Pauline is now 90 and still working there, this will finish her.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
How sad. I see from their website that Redwings are supporting them while they rehome all their residents - it must be hard for everyone, human and equine.

How sad. I see from their website that Redwings are supporting them while they rehome all their residents - it must be hard for everyone, human and equine.
would make more sense if they took over the site and kept it open as it is very good, lots of track systems, big barns, a lovely donkey facility, such a waste.

It's such a shame but as most rescues are struggling I can only imagine it would have to be a huge dose of luck if another were able to financially take it on permanently.

It's such a shame but as most rescues are struggling I can only imagine it would have to be a huge dose of luck if another were able to financially take it on permanently.
cost of moving them all will be a lot as well, and most of the 87 are unhomeables so they are a long term commitment. Their donkey facility is excellent, i am really sad for my donkeys

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com