Swollen eye

babeanddinky

Babe the best pony anyone
Feb 18, 2008
Anyone got any idea what this could be...

The pink inside lining bit of babes eye is all swollen and watery, it gets really swollen in the day whilst she is out in the field then goes down over night while she is in her stable.

any advice would be great thanks

could it b a case of windy eye my nf use to get it just the wind iratating the eye i use to put a fly mask on him when he got it to brake the wind vet looked once but said it would sort its self out but he got it at least 3 or 4 times a year and it never really bothered him

cold black tea the breakfast kind works every time
I used to know an old true horsey man he knew lots of very old remidies. My mare had an eye swell up and close after a run in with a bush. Two days of cold black tea all was cured and as I was a broke student very happy it was cheaper than a vet. Move on a few years and same mare gets gooy eye swollen and atacked by flies. But I can afford proper stuff and treated it with optrix and golden eye 2-3 times a day. Every time I thought it was better and stopped treating the eye it became a mess again. Then I remembered the old wise man rushed home made some balck tea raced back to the yard got pony in by which time the tea was cold washed eye out. She also drank some as she loves tea. Next day all better I treated again in the morning and following evening for good measure, bought a fly mask and have never had a probelm again.
In todays age of science and new medicines sometimes the old stuff works best and if nothing else it will do no harm. Give it a go and see in your horses eye gets better
Good luck

newrider.com