tack cleaning service!

H

hot.to.trot

just wondering would you pay for a tack cleaning service? i love cleaning tack and thoguht i could charge 3.00 a saddle 5.00 a bridle to clean them?

Maybe, my sister used to pay me to clean her tack! Cleaning tack doesn't really bother me though. How exactly would you go about doing it? Like just people from your yard?

Last edited:
I'll give someone £20 to clean all mine! Got to do it this weekend :( Just a few saddles, couple of bridles and 3 sets of harness to do!!!

I reckon to do it all properly will take me 2 hours and £10 an hour with all materials provided can't be that bad for anyone!

ill be offerin git to the public, i mean im only 13 but i dnt know i can get people to trust me??

ill be offerin git to the public, i mean im only 13 but i dnt know i can get people to trust me??

Why not call at livery yards?

At least then, people arent going to be handing their stuff over to you, maybe never to be seen again (I don't mean you would do this in a million years, but I know that I would never hand my tack to someone that I had never met before!)

I know that if someone arrived at my yard one Sunday afternoon and offered to stay on the yard and clean tack, a lot of people would take up on the offer!

First you need to get yourself insurance, so if by chance something gets broken or damaged, or worse still, stolen, whilst you are cleaning it or it's in your care, you are covered (Public Liability).

(Can you tell I looked into doing this same thing when I was around 18 to earn some money ;) - discovered it was more trouble than it was worth.)

TBH, unless I knew them VERY well, I wouldn't let any 13 year old clean my tack. NO DISRESPECT to you at all, I admire the fact you want to do this, :) but there's just no way I'd let my tack out of my sight to be cleaned. And IMO, if I'm 'supervising' someone else cleaning it, I may as well be doing it myself. ;) I am VERY fussy about what products are used on my tack too!

Maybe you could get yourself onto a big yard and spend a day there cleaning tack? Offer to do a couple of saddles and bridles for free maybe? Once you have proven yourself to a few people, others may take you up on your service. :)

I wish you luck. :)

we have a lady at our yard charges silly money bless her £3 saddle and £2 bridle or £1 for leather head collar

I clean my own, i enjoy doing it!
Although i spent 5hrs cleaning yesterday.. people kept adding to my pile :p

TBH, unless I knew them VERY well, I wouldn't let any 13 year old clean my tack. NO DISRESPECT to you at all, I admire the fact you want to do this, :) but there's just no way I'd let my tack out of my sight to be cleaned. And IMO, if I'm 'supervising' someone else cleaning it, I may as well be doing it myself. ;) I am VERY fussy about what products are used on my tack too!

I wish you luck. :)

Personally ditto this...

I don't even let my sister or mum who are both horsey, both experienced, and both use the same products as me clean my tack :D But then I'm obsessive :eek: plus I love cleaning tack too :p

Be careful who and how you go about it, but best of luck if you do! =] x

newrider.com