Tell me about worm counting

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
My new yard worm counts and only gives wormer accordingly, and worms routinely for tapes and redworm only (does that sound right? I may have gotten muddled lol). Having always been on yards where there was too much movement of horses for this to be possible, this is a new thing for me. So....tell me what happens, how often and when :smile:

My new yard worm counts and only gives wormer accordingly, and worms routinely for tapes and redworm only (does that sound right? I may have gotten muddled lol). Having always been on yards where there was too much movement of horses for this to be possible, this is a new thing for me. So....tell me what happens, how often and when :smile:

speak to gill from westgate labs (i thionk thats the right person from the right place?!)

Yep, that's me too. Egg counts and routine worming for tapes and encysted redworms.

Its a process though. Go on westgate labs webby as it has a fab information section which is easy to read. Any questions then Gill on here is Mrs Westgate Labs!

Thanks for the mentions folks, much appreciated.
Midnight if you have any specific questions I will try to answer them, but you seem to have got the gist of it.
Please also pop over to FB and join us there. We have an interesting question up at the moment about dose sizes for Equest, go and have a guess!

newrider.com