tempted...

Sparklie

Jun 3, 2005
hartlepool
There is a lovely pony at the yard where I have Twig who is up for sale or loan. She's about 13.2hh and coming up 3 years old. She was sent away last month and has been broken in and I don't think they did a very good job :( She's been backed, that's it. She has no idea what to do when she is given aids from a rider and just basically follows the horse in front. She's also been broken in in a kimblewick :eek: as they thought she was strong!! Yes she is but that's probably as she's never been schooled!!!!

So anyway she's up for sale or loan and no one seems interested. She's such a pretty little thing and very loving towards me and my friend and we're so tempted by her. Even if we were just to have her on loan for a few months until she gets a bit of education and is ready to face the big wide world on her own.

She had an accident yesterday in the field and has managed to slice her shoulder open. It's quite a big gash although probably not big enough to justify calling the vet (not sure what they could do with it as she has taken away a slice of skin so wouldn't be able to stitch it). Anyway this has made her nervous to catch (she was being silly about being caught when it happened) and she's really spooky around people. However she's not when she's with me and my friend, we can handle her fine. She just seems to be calling out for us to have her.

Please convince me that I shouldn't have this lovely little pony :eek: :confused: ;)

no one going to try and talk me into it?
please someone point out that I'm insane as I'm really thinking about it :eek:

I would tell you you're insane, but I don't think you are.

Work out some worst case scenarios (unsoundness, psychotic tendencies, vet's bills) and what you'd do if they happened. Does it seem manageable? If you have the time, the money, the experience with young horses, and a friend to be your partner in crime -- why not give this mare a chance?

I'm a bad influence, me...

Your insane ;)

If you can work it out to loan her to help her along a bit with education etc and you know you have a capabilities, time, money and effort then go for it. ;) Or shouldn't I be saying that?! hehehe xxx

oh damn...i might need to go to the farm tomorrow and talk to a man about a horse!! she'll be a project rather than a long term thing. Still, maybe if I had the money to buy her eventually.

Oh you bad bad people :p

I think she would make a lovely summer project...

....OOps! I mean - no, no, NO!!! :D

It's looking good for little filly I think. I've been thinking about it further and mentioned the idea to my OH who thinks it'd be great but doesn't think that I can afford it. I'm finishing college next month though so I'll be able to squeeze some more hours into work then meaning I'll have more money to spend on the horses :)

I don't have time to go down and see about her today as I'm at work mid-afternoon (usually work later on but changed my shift because of the Boro match :D) and OH is off for a job interview (guess who gets to be taxi service!). I'm really nervous that she's going to be snapped up before I get there tomorrow but I'm probably just being silly, she's been there for weeks with very little interest.

fingers crossed...i think :eek: :confused: :eek:

I'm a firm believer that these things work out if they are meant to be, and it's certainly looking good so far... Good luck and don't forget to keep us informed!

Only you can really know if you have the time/money/experience to bring this little girl on. I have my eye on a project aswell - looks welsh, 14h, chunky barely broken and just getting fat. It doen't really have problems as far as I'm aware and its a really nice pony. Want it for my sister ( :eek: aka: myself)

I'm kinda waiting for things to fall into place - you just when somethings right :)

horseaholic said:
Could you not persuade your OH by telling him you're buying it for him to hack on once you've schooled it? :D

oooh i like your style :p
he likes her actually which is the only reason he's not going too mad about me wanting to loan her. He also loves Twig so hopefully in the future we'd be able to hack the two of them together :)

Rips...this is a Welshy too

newrider.com