Thats it...iv had enough

Sexy Sietske

Aug 18, 2006
Derbyshire/nottinghamshire
of waiting around for the farrier!! :mad:

Non of my horses are shod apart from the new boy so never needed the farrier other than for the regular appointments. So at the minute im a little p***ed :( We have had Bananas for 2 weeks almost now and he hasn't been ridden because he only has one shoe on. I am seriously considering taking him barefoot but to be honest i am completely clueless!! Have no trouble keeping horses barefoot its just the transition. I was thinking of going bare on the back and then front when he has adjusted to being bare on the back. Justs a few things I need to know, for example cost of a barefoot trimmer, any local barefoot trimmers or good enough normal farriers? Should i put him on some kind of suppliment/feed hoof dressings, what hoof boots are best, what should expect (i know every horse is different)

:eek: arrgg the possibilities and the total utter cluelessness on my part:rolleyes:

I have had a bad farrier week! Last one didnt turn up and I cant get hold of him Left me no messages... and the new ones I'm trying to get hold of havent returned my messages.. in the mean time my horse is in need of new tootsies!! :mad:

Kai was barefoot, never been shod... however when I introduced work to him, which is mostly on the roads it simply wasnt working out. I was gutted to have to shoe him... but was the best decision as his feet have never been as good. The hard bit is finding a reliable farrier!:mad::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reliable farriers are hard to come by-I used to regulary wait around for hours for the farrier to not turn up, used to drive me mad!!

There is a website where all registered farriers are listed...maybe have a look on there(sorry dont have the link) :)

newrider.com