The baby was trimmed today....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Farrier came to trim Albi (19m traditional) and whilst he was there I asked "Would you like to try the baby?"... "Sure, no probs..." he replied. Now at this point I must confess that because of the snow etc, I haven't progressed as far as I would like with picking up William's feet so I kept schtum and thought we'd see how we went. Well the farrier was true to his word. He was calm, gentle and after a few seconds of wibbling about his first front foot, William was a perfect angel for the rest and it really WAS "no probs". Farrier couldn't believe he hadn't ever been trimmed before and when he was doing one of his back feet he called out "Glad you've been practising picking them up...." and I couldn't bring myself to confess that I haven't ever tried :eek: At the end he told me that for a youngster, and an un-gelded one at that, he has a fantastic disposition and that he should go on to make a lovely pony....

Although I have a deposit for William, his new owner isn't collecting him until the second weekend of Feb so I'm delighted that he will now be going off with trimmed tootsies AND that he won't remember it as a bed experience.... the same probably can't be said for next Monday... he's being GELDED!!! :eek:

newrider.com