the eggbars for my navicular hugoboss are on

HUGOBOSS

May 1, 2002
QUEBEC,CANADA
Visit site
finally yesterday the farrier came to install the eggbar shoes.
The vet told me it would takea little time to see a difference. navicular what an ugly word. after work i drove as fast as the speed limit would let me. when i saw him in his stall he was his old noisy self. banging on the stall door with his musel the minute he hears my car. I let him out in the ring free to see if there was a difference.
What a surprise waited for me. he started to walk around with a lovely long stride. not those little carefull steps i am now use to. i havent seen him like this for a long time. no limping no nothing.
i guess he did not hear the vet say it would take a little while. ha ha .
i cant wait to see him again after work today. i know he mite not be like yesterday but who knows.

i know it is no cure i know we are living on borrowed time. but ill take it. i think that HugoBoss will take it too. to see him so happy yesterday made my heart glow. in my own mind i think that when he saw me one of those bangs was a thank-you. anyway the most important is that i thank him.

my horse ,my best friend. thank-you HugoBoss for all that you bring me , for all that you are.
lets hope that there is much time left for us together. i guess time can only tell. never will i take that smooth lobe for granted again.:)

I'd have thought an improvement would have been instant, the whole idea of these shoes is to help take the pressure off the bits that hurt and support the heels. It is wonderful news that he has responded so well, at least you know it's the right treatment and you're not wasting your time.

Good luck. It is treatable, don't be too worried.

It was even better. when i let HugoBoss out of his stall this time it was even better. He rolled around in the sand when he got back up he bronked a few times. He trotted around like a foal. it felt like a cup of hot chicken soup on a cold winter night.
saturday i will ride him for the first time in weeks it will feel like heven. i will ride him slowly but now i know he is not in pain. i never thought that one day the best present life could give me is seeing my boy walk ,trot,and canter again. most of all he looks so proud. he walks with his head up high.

i know hugoboss and i are not out of the woods but still i will take this moment a cherish it. every day that passes will be a new day. i am still happy to say i am trying. i know that there is alot more to come. but we will try. dont worry guys i will never leave him in pain. i promissed to my self he will not sufer. when we come to our end of the rope, 1,5,10,15 years. i will remember this moment.

out of this i guess i was taught a lesson. I could of lived without that lesson but i guess life thought other wise. every smile a my child gives me ,every happy moment in my life will not be taken for granted. To say not to long ago i was a selfish woman. if it was not perfect it was no good. well hey im not perfect so what did i expect from others. lets hope i will have learned my lesson well.

Brilliant news! Fingers crossed this will bring him relief for a good long while.

Can I just mention something about egg-bar shoes? Frank had them after he was diagnosed with ringbone, and you do have to be quite careful about cleaning the frog. I used to scrub in the gaps with a long-bristled brush to get any debris out, and the occasional wash with a hoof disinfectant doesn't hurt either.

newrider.com