The front door is fixed but my dog has got worse and nearly killed herself to day.

Poor girl. Is there anyway you could get someone to house sit whilst you are out, or do you have a doggy day care center near you that you could take her to?

Let us know how you get on with the meds. It does sound like some sort of neurological problem, hopefully there is something that will help her...like doggy valium or similar?

Just a call from the Vets, They do the drugs and are putting together a months supply for us to collect tonight. OH has got home and she is fine today thank you god. Fingers crossed that the drugs take the edge of her worries.

Thanks again for all the support I am sure I will post again if things change either day

Just a call from the Vets, They do the drugs and are putting together a months supply for us to collect tonight. OH has got home and she is fine today thank you god. Fingers crossed that the drugs take the edge of her worries.

Thanks again for all the support I am sure I will post again if things change either day

Ill be keeping everything crossed for you all. I really hope they work

So sorry to hear that your poor girl has hurt herself again,really hope she's ok.

Will keep everything crossed that the meds work,and she can relax a bit more when you are out.

Can see the logic of a cage,but agree with you that it might not be practical and could actually make her panic more if she has an episode and is in a very confined space.

Don't have many suggestions I'm afraid,although I was wondering if there is such a thing as a mild sedative or calmer of some sort that she could have when you go out,just to take the edge off?? Although if you both work and are out every day I guess that woouldn't really be an option.

I think the camera idea is a good one,at least could see of there is a particular thing triggering it (might be a noise or event that's suddenly started occuring outside maybe??),hope you work something out anyway,thinking of you and OH and Tanis.

Gosh you must be worried sick, poor girl. I think the camera is a fab idea as long as you are close by to calm her if needed. It would be really useful to understand her trigger, she must be so frightened. Must be stressful for your other dog as well.

Hope the meds help and you can get to the bottom of it. Lots of hugs heading your way. XX

Only just seen this thread OBC, so sorry.

Must of been such a shock when you walked in & saw her like that. Sounds like you dealt with it well though. Im sure i would just stand there and shake like an idoit.

Poor girl, must be so heartbreaking :(

I really hope the drugs work, keep us updated. xxx

newrider.com