The good ol days

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
You know your old when you start to try and hunt down your favourite cartoons!
Even this one none of my friends watched, but good old Google and some digging and you can buy it on DVD.

http://www.sell.com/2FFPQ4

It was American which had probably slowed me somewhat!

So your favourites or those you know of.

Silas, my all time favourite
The littlest hobo
Lassie
Stig of the dump
Folly foot
Worzel Gummage
Monkey Magic
Bod you would need to remember back to toddler age.

I did what would appear to be hours in the front of the TV but that's not true because kids stuff was only on for an hour! Weekends were at the stables and if swap shop wasn't on I wasn't watching. :wink:

Last edited:
Flipper, GUmmy Bears, Fraggle rock, Button Moon, Bagpuss, Worzel, Im sure more will come back to me to !

Oooh yes! Bagpuss! lol watched one on youtube not long ago - it's only taken me the best part of 30 years to realise Bagpuss told fibs and that he just made the explanations up!!!!!!

Bagpuss scared me! Well, the mice did.
Does ANYONE remember The Boy Who Lost His Smile? Pretty much the same as Silas, badly dubbed from Swiss (I think)? I think it was only shown on West Country telly, in the 80s.
I loved Bod and the Flumps, Cities of Gold, Ulysses, Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds, Dungeons and Dragons, Maid Marion and her Merry Men, and Knightmare.

I had a paperback book of The Tomorrow People - bought from the local second hand shop. The series wasn't on tv much by the time I got the book - but I remember rather enjoying it. One of my brothers used to watch it.

Oooh yes! Bagpuss! lol watched one on youtube not long ago - it's only taken me the best part of 30 years to realise Bagpuss told fibs and that he just made the explanations up!!!!!!

That wouldn't be allowed these days, bad influences. :giggle:

I guess the obvious was playschool, sooty and rainbow.

Sprites., fraggle rock, the wombles-they had a tops of the pops song! the muppets.

Oh trumpton and camblewick green, the Flintstones

Last edited:
newrider.com