The "I have never had but want...." (Wish list!) thread...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I would love an air jacket, a new regs navy BP, a bespoke fitted saddle for Gracie and a Thermatex rug. Lots of money but not a huge list! :p

I would love a Thermatex for cooling out a sweaty Jess, they're expensive to have just as a cooler for 10 mins about 4x a year :p

I have been eyeing up the Lemieux Benetton blue sets forever, ears and a pad :p

Years ago I really wanted a Thermatex for Raf but on an endurance forum people were recommending another brand - can't remember what it is now, but it's a real thick cooler. I got a second hand one off ebay for a reasonable price, but then I decided I wanted the neck to go with it and couldn't find a second hand one so I bought new - cost about £50. He's worn the cooler a handful of times - normally I just use his much lighter weight cheap waffle one. The neck has never been out of its bag since I tried it on :rolleyes:

I'd like some Bow Balance Sprengers but just can't justify the price, especially as I don't have any particular ankle/knee issues,

There was something else that cropped up the other day and I thought "I'll put that on my Christmas list". It was really important too, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Must make notes ...

Reactions: Jessey
I knew I replied similar, put it on the what haven't you brought thread :p

See now I'm da dreaming, I'd like my own yard too please, so all the hard work I put in is for me forever :p

Reactions: Trewsers
Mine would be more of the what I want and just ordered list.
I am currently feeling, what's the word bloody shit after losing a dear friend and I have decided I am a long time dead so stuff it and be happy.

If you think about the hours you work to pay for your hobby, the dark mornings, the cold, the wind and rain why not actually pick something off that list?

I don't want my own land/ yard. I like watching mine evolve.
A box possibly but with a cob that isn't into exploring she wouldn't be thrilled to discover herself somewhere totally new.

Slightly inspired by the film thread.

Richard Gere to pop to the yard and take me out with the cob for a hack with his horse. Because he can ride right? So it shouldn't be a problem right. :D:p:rolleyes:

I am not sure if this is sad or actually quite reassuring - I really cant think of anything I want but never had to be truthful. Sounds rather complacent and as if my life has been a bowl of cherrys from start to finish - the exact opposite a lot of the time actually but there truly isn't anything much I yearn for these days - other than good health for me and mine. Oh - thought of one thing - I have always wanted a Fred Bassett, but not giving up hope just yet - I stalk all the rehoming pages over here hoping one will pop up at some point. :p

Like you're thinking @newforest

A made to measure navy wool hunt coat as the smallest I can find are 34 which is huge for me.

A thermatex would be great fot Lottie after hunting. Will have to make do with a waffle cooler for now.

A pair of ariat bromont insualted long boots.

A saddle that fits!!

I just use my Thermatex's (I have a summer weight) & ordinary weight as stable rugs - I've used them so much they are worth the cost now!

I want a biothane bridle, but that's all I can think of at the moment ...

I would dearly love to get a decent mark in BD dressage!!

I would also love a lorry that isn't covered in rust and I have some confidence that it might pass it's MOT.

I would love to be able to strip graze the fields at the yard, and I would love to afford weekly riding lessons rather than the ad hoc ones I currently have.

I would love springer stirrups (but this might happen as they are on my Xmas list!)

To get our arena started! Finally decided on where, now just have to start getting things moving. Hope it gets done quicker than our last one, that took almost two years:eek:

I would love an Equitrek trailer with living - but I looked at them at Burghley and they look really hefty to tow with a horse in the back as well, so I went off the idea a bit.

newrider.com