The New Rider App

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Have you seen it?
Have you downloaded?

I have and yes.
Can I just ask @Mike if we no longer have the thread photo covers at the top?
I know you can now add a photo to the profile banner.

What changes have you guys noticed that I may have missed.

Yep i have downloaded on my tablet and phone. I cant properly look at it on my phone to test it. Since my phone did a big update last week is lagging so much its just crashing. Ive taken off all apps i dont use and done several resets. Everytime i think its working, it then throws a wobble and crashes. New phone will be in order if it carries on. I do like to sneak a NR peak at work. If as mike said its slightly more simplified than the web version im hoping it might load quicker on the phone when im using data.

The overall wording is just bigger on my tablet, which is a little bit of a downside for me. Im getting use to it though.

I like having the colourful New Rider icon on my homepage desktop too. Feels more unique to the site. The only thing im wondering is if it should be the NR with the horse image as it is in the explorer tabs.

Not sure yet whether i like the new thread replying toolbar on the general update.

Reactions: newforest
Look in your top address bar. There might be a little symbol asking if you want to download the app. Or click on the three lines in the top left to bring up the menu. At the bottom it says 'get the app'

Look in your top address bar. There might be a little symbol asking if you want to download the app. Or click on the three lines in the top left to bring up the menu. At the bottom it says 'get the app'

Hmm I don't have either of those. Is that on mobile?

Hmm I don't have either of those. Is that on mobile?

Are you using IE? I just tried using Chrome (on my mobile) and the option magically appeared. I got the clue because I use IE on my laptop (I have no choice, it's a work laptop) but the new NR site said that I was using an out of date browser and I should upgrade - hate it when it tells me that!

So my Chrome is up to date and I still don't have the option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201003-215415.png
    Screenshot_20201003-215415.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201003-215409.png
    Screenshot_20201003-215409.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 4
Mine was further down than the menu.

Interestingly you have a triangle with an explanation mark in it in your browser bar. I was getting that too yesterday. I think that was when i was on the .co.uk site.

Try newrider.com

Hmm I have exactly the same menu on .com and .co.uk

What do you mean further down than the menu? My page doesn't go any further down...?

I have always had the triangle up there on NR, it just means the connection is unsafe.

The prompt to use the app doesn't always appear immediately - it could take a few days to appear for some people as it's controlled by your phone/mobile device and some depend on how much you use a site before it offers the app.

As a note the 'app' isn't like something you download from the Google or Apple stores - it's not installing code on your device but it's using a special kind of standalone web browser built into the mobile device to display the site as if you were using a dedicated app.

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Yep i have downloaded on my tablet and phone. I cant properly look at it on my phone to test it. Since my phone did a big update last week is lagging so much its just crashing. Ive taken off all apps i dont use and done several resets. Everytime i think its working, it then throws a wobble and crashes. New phone will be in order if it carries on. I do like to sneak a NR peak at work. If as mike said its slightly more simplified than the web version im hoping it might load quicker on the phone when im using data.

The overall wording is just bigger on my tablet, which is a little bit of a downside for me. Im getting use to it though.

I like having the colourful New Rider icon on my homepage desktop too. Feels more unique to the site. The only thing im wondering is if it should be the NR with the horse image as it is in the explorer tabs.

Not sure yet whether i like the new thread replying toolbar on the general update.
You can change the size of the wording in your tablet settings. I did that with my phone.
I also change to lite which saves me data. It doesn't load anything unnecessary, and I am finding pages load faster.

The prompt to use the app doesn't always appear immediately - it could take a few days to appear for some people as it's controlled by your phone/mobile device and some depend on how much you use a site before it offers the app.

As a note the 'app' isn't like something you download from the Google or Apple stores - it's not installing code on your device but it's using a special kind of standalone web browser built into the mobile device to display the site as if you were using a dedicated app.
I use it a lot then :)

Maybe it needs an update. I just want to change the coffee shop one.
I was thinking of a cup and tea and slice of cake. I will need to sample the cake, to be sure it's good enough to be on the cover. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com