The truth about Shergar racehorse kidnapping

That is the worst thing I could possibly have read. I am speechless, and so so sad, poor poor horse.

Thats awful i think i prefer the ending in the film at least there was no suffering and the horse jumped off the cliff of his own will!!

Scum!!!:mad:

Thats horrible. Wish I hadnt read on now. Ignorance is bliss!!

Oh I wish I hadn't read that....

I know where that is I've been there. OMG

Poor poor horse

I had heard that he had been shot soon after being taken, but not like that!! thats just awfull.

Oh well, if the story came from an ex-member of the IRA it must be true, right? Because the IRA are famous for their truth and honesty....:rolleyes:

I mean, if the whole place was alive with police and informants everywhere, and they didn't dare either turn it loose or chuck it in a field with a bunch of other horses (not exactly in short supply in Leitrim), why mess about machine-gunning it? One shot to the head would ahve done the job just as well, with a lot less mes to clean up after.

Sorry, but I don't believe a word that comes out of the mouth of ANY member of the IRA. Lying terrorist scum, the whole lot of them.

why mess about machine-gunning it? One shot to the head would ahve done the job just as well, with a lot less mes to clean up after.

Because they were not proffesionals so they couldn't do i properly and by the sounds it was a spur of the moment thing as they were probably panicking:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping this is some media frenzy, (which I suspect it is), although I have to say its amazing its taken the police 25 years to find out nothing and a reporter managed it so quickly ;)

And cos they like inflicting pain rather than the more humane one shot to the head. :mad:

That's so incredibly sad, and a microcosm of all the terrible and eventually completely futile suffering that was endured for so long in that part of the world. It's a tiny bit closer to home for me because Tess's sire was from one of those 35 mares.

newrider.com