Third time lucky!?

Skye94

Most accident prone horse owner
Jan 6, 2006
Near Aberdeen - Laurencekirk
Well, here I am again. The nervous position of having another new horse.
This is the 3rd horse I have had since coming out of a 7 year horse break back in August 2013. I just seem to have terrible luck!!

I'm really hoping this girl will be my forever horse!!

Meet Easter Charm. She is a 15.2hh 9yo arab x cob who is just so sweet!! She has only been broken 4 months but is already proving her willingness. I never thought I would have an arab since owning an Anglo Arab x Connemara when I was 13 who was a complete cow, but here I am!

Any help on showing, i.e. what to wear, what to show her as etc etc would be awesome!!

charm6.jpegcharm7.jpeg

Reactions: Trewsers
My first girl was Lil, a 4yo TB ex racer. She got herpes, then de-gloved her leg, never came sound and I found out she had an old broken leg which never hugely healed and she got wobblers. I decided it was kinder to put her to sleep this January. She was only 5 and I only had her a year and a half.
My next was Goose, a 9yo ISH who was a superstar but he broke his knee, and had to be on box rest which frazzled his brain and he just became dangerous to a point (including the fact he broke my wrist and hand) so I had to sell him :(

You could do part bred Arab, coloured classes, maybe riding horse (not too sure on that last one - eml knows her stuff when it comes to showing and type). Pb Arab and coloured classes can run in hand or under saddle.

shes stunning but she does look sharp in the eye - why was she broke so late -- has she been breeding foals - my pet hate is 4 year olds that are broke but difficult so people put them in foal hoping either to get a good foal which usually doesn't follow - if the mare is highly strung so the foal will be = temperament is everything in breeding. or hoping when the mare is older it will rebreak with a better head but youngsters generally break as they are - if they are steady at 4 they will be steady at 24 - if they are stupid at 4 they will still be stupid at 24
fingers crossed this horse will be everything you are looking for - I love her conformation - looks like she will be very sound and comfortable to ride

She is so kind and honest. She has lived in a field in her herd for 9 years. The lady bred Arabs but her husband is ill so she sold some on.
I need some opinions on saddle fits if folk are willing?

newrider.com