This makes me sore thinking about it!!!

Long Distane Ride! i was on a yard today doing saddles etc' and was invited in for lunch, got talking to the daughter who was telling me about a ride she did earlier this year.

1,000km in 10 days across Mongolia..!!!!! it was a race, and you change horses every 40 km and a 100km a day...navigating yourself..
After the first day she fell of the horse and could not move LOl...you either do it on your own or pair up with someone on route for company, sleeping in the mongolian type tents at night..
She actually completed it but got eliminated for stopping to help a fellow competitor who had fallen off and hurt herself!! (bit harsh)
She said it was a great experience and wants to do it again in the future..she did draw the line at drinking mares milk!!! which they all drink out there..
The horses were a bit of a mish-mash of types she said some were briliant but others you thought you were going to die with!!

Had to smile before she went she asked her mum how she should train for it, and her mum just said well you hunt don't you!!!!

newrider.com