Thought this day would never come

P

pinkheather

Had to put my old mare to sleep to-day cant believe its over. She was 19 and i had her nearly all that time. She was and always will be the finest horse that i have ever had the pleasure to be a partner with. She had me off only once, would go anywhere as long as i said it was safe, not the fastest or the best jumper but a nature to die for. I held her gaze until she went down for the last time. I am devastated this is the worst moment of my life i just didnt think this would cut so deep. My new mare has a lot to live up to just dont think it will be the same without old Sal around.

Oh that's really sad to read, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you were there with her right until the end - rest in peace lovely mare.

I'm so sorry got tears in my eyes. I have an oldie too, sounds just like our relationship too, don't know what I will do without her to be honest. Well done for being so brave and being there till the end, I often have arguments in my head about that time, could I be there or not?:cry: hugs xxxxxx

So sorry, it sounds like she had a great life with you as her human, really touching you were there for her right to the end, hugs xx

Really sorry to hear - lots of good thoughts to you. Tis a hard day I know and sad even tho you know it is their time. Look after youself. Txxxxx

Really sorry to hear your devastating news. Well done for having the courage to make the decision and stay with her.

I totally agree, its such a hard time but be so proud that you could be there for her in her final moments.

She may be gone but she will always be with you in your memories and along the line you will be able to think of her with a beautiful smile and not tears.

Thoughts are with you. RIP SAL XXXXXXXXX

She sounds like she was a wonderful mare, and she had a great life with you. You've taken the hardest step with her too, and I'm sure she was grateful for that.

My girls are both 19 now, and I know sooner or later that I'll have to face letting them go too.

Oh PH I'm so sorry, its hard to say goodbye to an old friend, and she will leave a big hole in your heart, but you have a life time of good memories.

RIP Sal.

So very sorry for your devastating loss. Sal sounds like a truly incredible horse of a lifetime. Thinking of you.

newrider.com