thread for the oldies show me pics of your veterans :)

nessa

Oct 2, 2005
australia
hi i own a 20 year old tb and i would love to see some pics of your veterans :D also what do you do with your oldies do they still get ridden?:)
this is my oldie joe, he still gets ridden and is very fit for his age, he loves trail rides and acts more than half his age when we go on them :D
jumping229.jpg

horses094.jpg

joewholebody.jpg

joeshead.jpg

bd1db51d.jpg

so show off your oldies here :D thanks

He's looking very well :) Apart from one of the close-ups of his head, I would have pegged him as younger, perhaps mid-late teens... his lifestyle must suit him cos he seems to be thriving :)
I'll try to get some photos of an oldie I know... he's mid-30s and ever so sweet... just keep forgetting the digital camera and then when I remembered to take it to the yard yesterday I found OH had run down all the battery taking pics earlier :mad: Selfish bloke!

this is pride ages 23. and yes he is a ridden pony.
4.jpg

stan is 16
stanmM.jpg

harvey is 23
harvey.bmp

and rian is 15
rian99.jpg

Aww, they all look so well, I almost think the vetran age should be changed, maybe 20 years ago they were old at 16, but now days they seem to keep going for so much longer :D
Here is our oldie, Phoenix, this was last summer, we are not sure of his exact age (he was a rescue) but the vet has put him in his 30's
phoenix2.jpg

And here he is early this winter
Phoenix.jpg

He is clipped as he has cushings so gets far to much fur :D He isn't ridden any more, he was retired about 2 years ago. Unfortunatly he has suddenly started looking old this winter, he has lost alot of muscle and just has that old horse body, I am hopeing he will pick up a bit in the spring when the grass comes through.

J x

LOL Kelly......that's one of my faves too......she has a whole range of face pulls but, that one really made me laugh!

All these horses/ponies look fab.............

Nik
x

thanks everyone all your oldies look great they are all so cute and look to be in very good condition :D

cvbfifi.msnw

the fell pony in the middle is 19 and still in work, the bay on the right is 34 and retired late 20's.

a shot of the same 3 from last summer: the bay has a mask on because he probably has uveitis.
cvbfifi.msnw

and one of the old guy by himself cos he's my bestist boy :D
cvbfifi.msnw

(and Fi is my bestist girl - the other two aren't mine ;) )

here's crystal, my 20 yr old arab mare, in the field
Picture140.jpg

and here is me and her in a show class last summer,
meandcrinky.jpg

and we do all sorts, hacking, jumping, even a one day event in the past. Apart from the big shows, we hack to the local shows, about an hour away, and I keep getting asked if I am sure she is 20, cos she acts like a 2 year old!

In the second piccie, those in the background are between 7 and 14 years younger than her, and she looks just as good as them, if not better!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone for the pics they all look so good :) everyone is doing a great job with there oldies they look great:D

Aww they all look well and happy!:D
uveitis means....?:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Vic x
PS Great photos

vimto92 said:
Aww they all look well and happy!:D
uveitis means....?:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Vic x
PS Great photos

Its an eye disease - possible realted to botulism - and one of the symptoms is that they are sensitive to sunlight. They can lose eyes as a result.

At his age the vet wasn't bothered about doing a definitive diagnosis so its just a question of ongoing management.

Ginny will be 29 tomorrow!!!
mar4.jpg

6mar4.jpg

jan28.jpg

Maxine will be 26 in April...
36.jpg

2mar4.jpg

7mar4.jpg

and our Elmy, he passed a year ago, but hes still in our hearts. He was a rescue, and about 34ish.
elmer.jpg

elmer.gif

this is my pony pin she is a conemmara pony. i love conemmara ponies, and this is due to my current pony she is a gery 14.1hh conemmara and she is 22 yrs old and she still loves to jump and when out hacking she will give all the other ponies less than half her a age and will race with them and give them a fight for a win lol i just love her shes ** best
visit http://groups.msn.com/HorseChatoldhorses/mybabypin.msnw for photos

newrider.com