Traveling a horse in a two horse trailer

Always on the right for a single horse because the natural camber of the road will have the trailer leaning slightly to the left so you always load on the right to counterbalance it. :)

And, for the same reason, if there's two horses, you should put the heaviest on the right-hand side. However, for some strange reason, Edward travels much better on the left (my friend has a horse that can only travel on the left :poop:), so I always put Ed on the left and just take care.....

I'd rather him be quiet and still on the left, than clambering and banging around on the right...

This is only if you're in the UK though! The single horse should be on the side of the middle of the road - so if you're in a country that drives on the right, the horse should be on the left :p

I did read the other day though about if it's an Ifor with the front ramp on the right then the horse should be on the left to counteract the extra weight of the front ramp!? Is this true?

The difference is minimal, though it is best practice to travel them in the middle of the road (so on the right in the UK). If I'm only travelling one I tend to remove the partitions and cross tie them :)

newrider.com