TREC Handy Pony?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Ideas please.....

I am entering our local BIG "county" type show in August (*gulp*) Just going to do the in-hand cob class and also the open handy pony class, which both happen to be on around the same time of day so there won't be loads of hanging around. The schedule states that the HP class will be "10 tasks based on TREC" so I'm wondering what kind of things they might be, if anyone had any ideas? Albi has done all the usual HP kind of stuff so I'm wondering how TREC stuff might differ - so that we can have a practise in the meantime. Any ideas? Thanks

TREC obstacles give a go at the sort of things you might encounter out in wide open spaces. You could expect a little jump (log or ditch), gates, bridges, getting on and off from the wrong side, low branches, S bends, roundabouts (where you have to ride in a circle holding a rope), "scary obstacles" like flags and wheels bins, tarpaulins on the ground - you get the picture.

Have a look https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=T...X&ved=0ahUKEwiIx4KIqe3MAhUpCMAKHXMcBJwQsAQILQ

Handy pony is possibly unrealistic things to do, apple bowning, or picking in the washing.
Trec is more realistic like riding past washing blowing on a line, someone putting it out.
We ride past knickers blown into the hedge on our hacks :D :p

newrider.com