Treeless saddle help required

stressy

Apr 22, 2009
sunderland
:help: I have been riding my horse in her dream treeless for about 8ish months now, at first I thought it was good but after she got a bad back (been sorted by physio) I rode her again last night after a week off and the saddle seemed to be slipping side to side even though the girth was on tight. My horse used to be a bit rounder but now shes slimmed down the saddle seems too big for her? she is an id x tb, I think ive only just noticed as I have been riding my loan horse in his treed saddle and have noticed the difference between the two. Last night my horse was cantering on the right leg (something she has been really struggling with) and seemed happier to go forward so i havent got a clue as to whether the saddle has caused her sore back. Any ideas as to what i can do to stop the side to side slippage? she is wearing the dream pad recommended for this saddle.

You probably need a pad with shims so you can change your padding to suit your horse, there are loads of pads available. Changing the pommel insert might help if it's a little wide on her, but considering she had troubles with her back I would have gone the more/better padding route anyway.

You probably need a pad with shims so you can change your padding to suit your horse, there are loads of pads available. Changing the pommel insert might help if it's a little wide on her, but considering she had troubles with her back I would have gone the more/better padding route anyway.

What would you recommend pad wise? And how do i change the pommel insert?

Try looking for shimmed saddle pads such as HAF, Christ, Skito, Mattes, theres quite a few of them about :happy:

The pommel is at the front, so you unzip the front pommel and remove it. :)

I'm not sure of the barefoot ones would fit or not, you could stuff it with soft material.
To see if it's the right size, take it out of the saddle and put it on her back, if the angles are the same as her shoulder then it fits.

The pommel is at the front, so you unzip the front pommel and remove it. :)

I'm not sure of the barefoot ones would fit or not, you could stuff it with soft material.
To see if it's the right size, take it out of the saddle and put it on her back, if the angles are the same as her shoulder then it fits.

sorry for being such a numpty- I meant the front :unsure::wub:

newrider.com