Trusting 'Vibes' ?

Viewed again with an experienced friend. Pony behaved exactly the same but I had a totally different feeling about him. I liked him and had no anxiety at all. My friend also really liked him. So I think the 'bad vibes' were due to too many bad experiences viewing not-as-described ponies. Ie "my stuff" not anything I was picking up from him. I did things like round the world, scissors, touching tail and ears, riding backward - Kids stuff that they will do. He was totally fine. He also got tangled up in clipper cable (owner was leading him not me!!) and he didn't freak. He is hard to get moving and stops when you stop riding forward but that's fine by me. Next step: get the kids on him and see what they think. But I've got a good feeling about this now.

Just as a bit or reassurance.... we have had a lot of Welsh ponies in the RS and currently have three ( 2 Bs in work and a young A project) Whilst a bit scatty at times they are very kind with small kids ( better with them than adults/bigger teens) and very popular rides. I do however like Welsh and have only met one really difficult one who was a Sect D mare with horrendous hormonal issues.

I love Welshies! I re-learnt to ride as an adult on a Sec D. I think this pony sounds really promising, KP nut!

What did you think of the owner(s)? I know you've got some info off Google, so they sound genuine. Do they seem like decent sorts?

Whilst a bit scatty at times they are very kind with small kids ( better with them than adults/bigger teens) and very popular rides. .

That's exactly what the owner's mum said today about this one - he goes much better for kids and really looks after them.

I love Welshies! I re-learnt to ride as an adult on a Sec D. I think this pony sounds really promising, KP nut!

What did you think of the owner(s)? I know you've got some info off Google, so they sound genuine. Do they seem like decent sorts?

Yes I'm feeling quite excited now. Owners seem fine. Everything they say checks out online. I didn't get the sense that I was being told just what I wanted to hear. I guess the only thing I didn't like is how the pony is kept: stabled all the time in winter. But pony was very affectionate with her. I asked her to turn him out despite the mud because I wanted to make sure he could be caught. He was ecastatic to be out: cantered off, rolled. But he then allowed her to approach again and then followed her all round the field.

Reactions: squidsin
Our Welsh D was kind enough, bit thick, bit of a drama queen, he had an honest face, never did anyone any harm, never dumped anyone.

He took every job we gave him seriously, trained to harness late on in life. He was a jolly good all rounder.

Viewed again with kids this time. Both felt slightly anxious on him. Watching him closely I was picking up some uncomfortable vibes again. He just seemed unhappy, a bit stressed. I believe the owners ae genuine and the pony is compliant. But that doesn't make him relaxed and happy. He was shaking his head a lot. If I had to guess If say he was in some pain and the degree of pain may vary hence his different 'feel' on different days. But that he is well behaved and chooses not ditch his rider despite his problems. Anyway whatever the source of the 'bad vibe', it's a no from us. So still looking!!

Reactions: squidsin
newrider.com