Trying to find Ben

horseygal90

Going
Aug 27, 2004
Might as well use this new section to it's full capacity!

I'm looking for Ben (or Ben 2, as he was known around the stables - we already had a Ben when he arrived). He was a 14hh chestnut gelding who came to the stables I worked at between 2001 and 2003; he turned up one morning skinny and with not much fur and all the time he was there it was na struggle keeping weight on him. He was a lovely lad though, always up for cuddles and hugs! Ridden wise he was a sweetie, loved by many because of his push button-ness. Us helpers used to fight over who'd ride him in our free lessons! As far as I remmeber he wasn't a good jumper, but I might be wrong on that one.

He was kept at Hideaway Farm Riding School, in Oving/Whitchurch Buckinghamshire. My riding instructor at the time had a falling out with the yard owners and in leiu of payment, took him with her when she left (or that was what I was told). I haven't got a clue how old he was and unfortunatly I only have a few small pictures from the schools website (the school has since changed hands and thankfully they haven't removed all the old content yet). From his face and fineness, I have reason to believe he's probably an Arab cross or even a bit of Welsh. (Most evident in the second picture)

Any news, good or bad would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to know how this lad was now! Like I said, he was absolutly adored at the riding school.

I've blanked out the faces of who's riding in the pictures, these were taken over 5 years ago so don't look at them, look at him!

ben22.jpg

(heading towards the camera)

ben23.jpg

ben21.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics!

Hi Horseygal was just wondering if you did ever find anything out about Ben? myself and my son have just started riding at hideaway which is how i stumbled across your post

newrider.com