UMMM Me thinks he protests a little too much, lol.

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Hubby isn't really 'into' Horses. He is allergic too them for a start...

He moans to people about the time they take up and how I told him once
if He ever asked me to choose between him and the Horses I told him
'well, Horses would still be here' :giggle:

Not really that I would choose the Horses over him, but they would stay
because he gave me the ultimatum in the FIRST PLACE:giggle:

He is capable and will do them if I am stuck for some reason, and went down every day to crack the ice on trough etc., for me and them during the snowy cold weather and filled the haynets for them. Says he wouldn't see anything happen to them but
they are very much 'mine' and not his.......

SOOOO, how come he rings me to say he has just 'popped in the Yard and
how Bertie has talked him into giving him all his mints (Oh So Bert can TALK
now, clever Pony) and how Sioned just won't stop resting her head on his
Shoulder and what a 'nuisance' she is :giggle:

OR, phone call I JUST got, how he just saw a Shetland that he thought was Bert in a field round the corner and was worried that maybe Bert had escaped
and just thought he would check, in case, lol, and when arriving at the Yard couldn't find Bert first off and how Bert had eventually come bombing round the corner when he called him because he 'obviously' recognised the sound of his voice and whilst there thought he
may as well give them some hay and some MINTS...... and how once again
Sioned wouldn't 'leave him alone' lol..............

ME THINKS, MAYBE HE PROTESTS JUST A BIT TOO MUCH AND IN FACT
HE LOVES IT :giggle::biggrin: Perhaps with Sioned now backed its time to talk him on board !!

Last edited:
My OH is the same, he constantly moans about the horses, the time they take up and how much they cost...yet he gets up at 5am to put them out, mucks out etc

Then brings them in on a night, feeds them and puts them to bed.

Does all DIY needed, poo picks, fencing etc but he says he hates them and can't stand them!

Secret love affair me thinks and i feel a little redundant at times :frown: :giggle:

Hehehe, they both need to come out of the closet me thinks......lol. OH has never made any bones about it thankfully, he is transparent and it is obvious how much he loves being around our pair.

Nope mine doesn't like the horses and makes no bones about it.

However he can handle them and has no probs with that, but hates doing it.

I did get him to sit on Harvey once (it was my birthday) not sure who looked more unhappy/concerned/worried about the situation though Harvey or hubby lol.

Oh winged about the money/time/smell/etc etc etc and still does on a regular basis, however he comes down to see them, June gets "princess", they are referred to as "the kids" and he told me I could buy jazz when we went to view him.

Also he has always said that when we get a house I will have to sell them to save a towards a deposit (yeah right!!) and last night, while stood snuggling with June he told me when the time comes I can keep June and only have to sell jazz which was an improvement on the last convo about it. Jazz is gelded in a week - hopefully he will feel sorry for him and make friends with him and admit that actually he does love him lots and can't bare to part with him either
:wub: wel I can dream!!

Hopefully by then I will have a project I can bring on to sell and put him off the scent of "our kids"

He loves them really

OH is indifferent - he is happy for me to have them as long as they dont stress me out too much, but isn't interested in coming up to see them.

Sometimes I wish he was, but then on the other hand I would lose my quiet time. I think voluntary once or twice a month visits would be nice - I like it when he comes up to make videos for us etc, though when he comes up Rascal will not leave him alone and I think it winds OH up as he can't do anything without being walked into/nibbled/having things pinched etc!

My hubby is the same, He alwas pulls a face wen i mention anything bout the horses etc but when we get to the yard he is the first one tht start doing chores. He evens walks my sometimes higly strung mare in from the field.
I think his way of thinking is with the horses n kids i dnt have the time or energy to go out drinking n clubbing.lol

My OH would always choose dealing with the horses over the kids, he loves the kids to bits but i think he enjoys the peace and quiet. lol

newrider.com