Underground, Overground, Wombling Free!!

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
Decided to start a diary of the Wombley ones adventures and to see how far we've progressed (or not as the case may be!). I'm sure juney will pop her opinion in here as well :)

Well our first update has nothing to do with the horses. Well it does long term but its more excited for me.

I have enlisted the help of a young fit and able 16 year old (easily bribed for her services for the day for 10 fags and a double cheese burger from mc ds!) To help me move everything over to the new yard tomorrow. As my mother wants the shed back for lawn movers and certain things!

The door signs have fixings and are ready to go on doors, I have a million and 10 hooks, the drill is on charge, everything is packed and moving date set to the 6th june :bounce:

Sounds good!!! How come your stuff is going so far in advance or am I getting crossed wires?!

Hal of the things I own lives under hedges and the other half lives in the shed unused. Its mainly winter rugs, empty feed bins etc. All things I dont use but are in my way. I have to paint my stable which I want done sooner rather than later and I have no way of taking things up apart from my little car so much easier to take up bits at a time then trying to do one large move.
yard owner was delighted I wanted to bring stuff over. Think she thinks that it im serious about wanting to move as she said she had been massively let down alot recently. And gives me some time to get to know new liverys

Hal of the things I own lives under hedges and the other half lives in the shed unused. Its mainly winter rugs, empty feed bins etc. All things I dont use but are in my way. I have to paint my stable which I want done sooner rather than later and I have no way of taking things up apart from my little car so much easier to take up bits at a time then trying to do one large move.
yard owner was delighted I wanted to bring stuff over. Think she thinks that it im serious about wanting to move as she said she had been massively let down alot recently. And gives me some time to get to know new liverys

Ah now I understand! Sounds like a good plan!:smile:

have a new saddle on its way to us, however until it arrives and has a new gullet in and fitted we are effectively saddle less. I decided to have a little mooch round bareback in walk and concentrate on my position and bending him around my leg.

He was lovely, listened well and carried himself nicely into the contact and it was nice to feel him lift underneath and offer nice leg yielding and TOTF. All was going well until someone over the fence started a strimmer just as we went past. Usually he would just run and I braced for impact as I felt him tense.
Instead he stood (and shook god love him) and I jumped off safely and led him away and remounted. I was so proud of him, id like to think its because he knew I was unstable

we also took june out for a little potter about. Her first mooch out in a longgg time. Through the village, down the offroad hacking, onto the main road, took a detour through some kissing gates (joys of a little pony - she can fit through them!) And behind some houses, over a beck which she jumped rather spectacularly and through the farmers field back home
She was stroppy, strong, shouty and a bit of a nightmare. So pleased to see her back like that!! The old juney ♡

Last edited:
Bit of a mixed ride on womble tonight. Had another bareback session and tried to concentrate on the usual. Bending, little bit of leg yielding, TOTF etc.
I felt like I was having to work hard for things that should be easy. He was very stroppy and agitated so we called it a day after 15 mins or so. But the work he did eventually produce was lovely.

So gave him a good brush and he he mugged me for sweetys. He peed and pooped and passed wind so im sure hes not colicky, think the flys are bothering him so ordered him a fly rug

Sat in the field for half an hour or do and watched them graze, sun was shining and all of them looked happy

Fly rug has arrived (along with rain. Typical!) And womble is back to his normal self. I got on today and walked about, we aren't brave enough for bareback trot yet. Hes quite clumbsy with his feet and if he trips I dont want to drop and roll over his head ;)

It was worming day a couple of days ago and he was lovely as usual. He came cantering over ( :wub: ) and put his nose in his head collar, had a brush, took his wormer with 0 problems, was coated in lice powder (he doesnt have nits ... but june does :( ) and then stuck to me like glue while I poo picked. What a sweet little man.

We are going showing next sunday and I have 4 days off to spend with the ponies. Were still saddleless so just inhand we think! Maybe a best gelding or something as the standard of coloured cobs over here is very high and we still only have half a mane on one side!!

June as always is disgracing herself taking over an hour to catch to be wormed, trying to nip and stamp her feet. Rearing. Throwing herself about and generally being unplesent.
Whats new :redcarded:

Its all an act with June! She is so sweet looking, I don't think she means to be cheeky:yellowcarded: Womble looks great. Hope you do well at your show. Look forward to an update.:smile:

Its been a busy couple of days for womble. We had a photo shoot yesterday, saddle fitter today and showing tomorrow. Apart from being a pig to bath hes been lovely and plesent as always and the photographer asked for first refusal if I ever decided to sell him!! :wub:

The saddle fitter loved him too and were getting a saddle company saddle in the next few days after its been adjusted. Fitter also had a soft spot for asbo who had escaped the tie post and was off terrorising a village somewhere lead rope in tow. :banghead:

Tomorrow we are in the equifest qualifying class for coloureds and a handsome gelding class in the afternoon. Cleverly chosen for the fact I dont have to get up early!!!

Well I wont ramble on any longer. Heres some pics from the photo shoot. Even asbo juney joined in (much to her disgust)

Thanks mrs T. He really enjoyed it (asbo was happy being unmuzzled but doesnt care for posing sessions ;) ) and its so nice to get lovely comments about it.

I love the hair. Its la riche by directions, no ammonia or nasties and conditions hair. Just a shame its not permanent and I spend an ridiculous amount of time bleaching the tiles back white after!

newrider.com