Underweight TB advice

Belle!

Oct 4, 2022
I have bought a new boy for my daughter, he is lovely but he is underweight. He is a 16.2 TB and came to me on Linseed Meal and conditioning cubes. I will be adding Equerry Mash to his feed.

Any advice would be great, I have received different advice about what to feed him, and will be speaking to a nutritionist, but just wanted to seek some advice here too x

If you're speaking to, or better yet getting a visit from, a good nutritionist then I'd leave his diet as it is until then. You don't want to upset his system by changing things only to change again after you've got proper advice. For now I'd keep his diet as it is, but make sure he gets the recommended amount of the conditioning cubes and split it into as many small feeds as you can.

Also check his teeth are up to date and get him tested for worms, even if his worming is up to date he could be carrying a burden that will have an impact on his weight.

As above really, there some really good independent nutritionists available now days.
And obviously don’t skimp on forage as that makes up the biggest part of their diet, plenty of good quality forage is key to getting weight on.

Thank you x

I have spoke to the nutritionist this morning and he advised to continue with what he is on at the moment and continue adlib hay.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com