Update on losing our land

LisW

Nov 13, 2007
Suffolk
We were given a month to vacate our long term rented land on a Private Estate - to make way for cattle. :eek::mad:
In the 11th hour - after much begging & pleading, we have the offer of now 2 alternative sites on the vast Estate.
Neither are ideal, but at least we're not homeless afterall. We advertised a couple of our driving ponies, & had a lot of interest in them - but thankfully haven't actually sold them, as we desperately didn't want to.
This land will need lots of work to make it suitable for our smaller ponies, which will take time, so we now need to sort something short term for them - as they're here to stat long term! :) :) :)
We're so happy we can keep them!!

Oh good...well its a start then. Can you not get some help off the estate owners with setting up water and what have you since you have lost it all on your current land?

Read your happenings with a lot of interest

S x x

Thank goodness - even if it's not perfect land, at least now the panic's over :). You all must be so happy you can keep your neddies - very pleased for you :).

Echo all the other posters - glad you have something to go to, even if it isn't all that great - it is still a home for them. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you out.

Thanks everybody.
Also our very sick pony Charlie (with liver failiure) is not only holding his own at the moment, but the drugs are continuing to work & he seems to be improving. Still need him well enough to travel to repeat liver biopsy though & new blodds next week will tell us more too. LONG road ahead - but at least so far we're still on that road!
Estate manager has agreed to help us transport our buildings. It's something at least.
We're still naging him re water.

I read your last thread (and the one about Charlie). I'm so glad things seem to be turning out ok (even if they're not ideal).

Great news about the ponies and Charlie!

Yes - great news! Read your previous post with great sympathy, especially the poorly pony. So glad to hear he's still fighting, and wonderful news that you don't have to sell the ponies or start looking for a new home, even if what you've been offered is less than ideal it's certainly better news than you started out with. Keep us posted re: Charlie please!

newrider.com