vegetables for horses

my old horses favourite foods were Wispa's, mint aeros (chocolate of any kind) and he also loved salt and vinegar chipsticks!! oh and biscuits.

Basically he would eat anything he saw me eating! If it was good enough for me it was good enough for him!

My pony stole my friends sandwich on friday... she was waiting for her horse to finish his feed and put her sandwich within reach of my pony... it was a cheese and spring onion sandwich... i was terrified that he was gona drop dead on me or something... :eek:

but he seems fine! :D

Pepsi

one of the horses i used to ride when i was younger loved macdonnals we used to get it for lunch on the way to the stable and Wilbur used to come over and steal my fries and if he could reach my McChicken burger too :D he was such a sweetie we never told him off for it ;)

Bobbi goes crazy for oranges and celery, she also gets all my mums veg peelings from dinner:D She now even waits at the gate around half 6 for her left over supply:rolleyes::D

eats!

Grapes, bananas, apples and oranges are his favourites but also eats raisins, dates, figs, the other horse will whinny at me if i give him raisins and almonds - he loves them!
He'll also eat blackberries with me, prefers it if i pick them for him. I take the stones out of plums (we have a tree) and feed them (very sticky though).
I feed parsnips in the winter, about 3-4 in a feed once a day so i'm very relieved to know that they are ok!

I give them bay tree occasionally as a digestive, also fennel tops and parsley out of the garden. They also like willow leaves. I don't mix them with feed just leave them out to nibble.

newrider.com