Veredus Projump

Nehal1215

Mar 14, 2021
My sons coach put projump veredus boots for my sons mare first time in the warmup and she ended refusing three times when the obstacle was 110. Second day of the show the same thing happened in the warm up then in the arena she refused on the first obstacle. Could it be the projump Veredus boots the cause of her being scared to jump. She never stops even if he does a mistake she always used to help. Thanks

Possibly but not highly likely, it’s more likely that the horse is feeling the riders nerves or there something distracting in the new environment that means she needs more positive riding. Generally these things come down to the rider.

I don't know these boots, but if they're fairly rigid and the fit isn't quite right they could be an issue, particularly if she's sensitive.

I'm very familiar with those boots and yes I'd say they're a possible trigger for a change in performance. My experience as a showjumping groom is that a LOT of horses don't like jumping in pinch boots. A lot of competitions don't allow them anyway so i wouldn't want to become reliant on them. As an aside, personally I would NEVER introduce a new piece of gear in the warm-up at a competition - always try things at home first. Out of interest do you know WHY the coach suddenly decided to use them?

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com