We are losing an old boy tomorrow

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
What a terrible February.

One of the old geldings is being pts tomorrow :( will miss him alot such a gentle old boy. I will be working at the yard when it happens so it will all be very sombre tomorrow and no doubt we will all be in tears. I'm awful when we lose one of the gang.

Ale is in on boxrest as his mud fever is worse and spreading, he hates being in so lots more work trying to keep him amused and extra mucking out. Also the worry of his legs and twice daily visits on the bike is killing me.

I'm off from my main job this week but helping at the yard loads, not that I am complaining about that because I love working there, just it's very tiring too. And ale gets upset seeing me with the other horses while he is in :(

And then at home my mum is having to go through her reconstruction all again after being given faulty implants years ago. It's a huge op for her because hers are below muscle and she's quite frail anyway (oh and petrified of hospitals)

And as for my tonsils, well I got lost in the system somewhere so it's going to be longer wait then I first thought...

But still I'm trying my hardest to remain positive, I love helping out at the stables and it saves me a bit of money so that's great. Things can only get better.

Oh Ale I'm so sorry to read all this. Massive virtual hugs to you. Hope thing start looking up in every direction soon x

So sorry to hear about the old Gentleman. It will be sad for sure
and will not be an easy day.

I hope they get you sorted out on tonsils soon you have been struggling so long and now to have gotten
lost in the system is the pitts.

Lots of vibes for better days ahead!!

Lots of kind vibes. Tis always sad to see an old friend go. Chin up and good thoughts to your mum too.Tx
(Sorry Ale's mud fever is bad - are you pig oiling still? Just a thought too, have you considered the Equilibrium mf chaps, I had them for Chloe when hers was at it's worse but it meant she could still be out and about).

It happens - Sorry Ale. OH lost his elderly lesson horse this winter too.
I only felt guilty as it was a horse I hadnt got on with!
I use horses' names sometimes as passwords for shops - adding numbers and caps of course.
So after a horse has died, I am still using his name to buy something, or to download an ap.

(No one should do this with a horse whose name has been written into a Forum.)

Sorry about the tonsil delay - Dont let them keep postponing you. But if it comes to an op, I seem to remember summer is a good time to have them out.

Had lots of cuddles with him today while I was skipping him out, he's such a sweet boy but sadly it's his time to go and he's in lots of pain. His owners came to say goodbye tonight which was heartbreaking.

Ale has coped okay with his first day in but can't say his legs really look any better, skin is still pink. Might wash again tomorrow and keep putting cream on, will see how we go. Just hope it clears up soon as hate having to keep him in and him not being right.

I'm sure by next week things will seem easier, thanks everyone :)

And now my crown which I had fitted last week came out and I swallowed it, oh dear

Think I may just go to bed and start again tomorrow.

I've ordered ale some turnout chaps and a lady down the yard is selling me some more flamazine to clear up his legs so that's something positive about today.

However my crown coming out is bloomin annoying!!!!

Mind you tomorrow will not be any better as we are losing one of ales lovely friends

In many days today was awful but also the sun shone, the horses were well behaved and ale relaxed in the sun in the school this evening so I can't complain too much, maybe things are on the up.

Reactions: Jessey
I dont know if you can recover the crown? I agree it should not have come out - It happened to me last year and the dentist stuck it back with no charge. They have a choice of adhesive. But you do need to tell them a.s.p. It was regarded as an emergency weekend recall for me.
Unless you were eating something massively sticky of course.

I don't think I would want it in my mouth again. I was only eating a potato croquette at the time. I hope they are not expecting me to pay again, I followed all the advice I was given re aftercare so it must not of been fitted properly. I have booked an appointment but they can't see me until Tues morning.

newrider.com