we went *Click* !

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
Immersion therapy. It works wonders haha.

I’ve been taking Bree out to as many things as I can, we have a fortnightly dressage lesson and I booked us in for RC camp and then a 2 day dressage camp the following week. We had great fun at both and I can totally say that the intense input has had a great effect on us, I felt by the 2nd weekend something just go ‘click’ with our partnership :D Bree is opinionated - my RI says it’s like when I tell her to do something she swears at me, little madam. However the arguments are getting less and I know it’s a bit of a cliche but she is generally more rideable ! We did some Fw, some pole work, jumping/grid work and even had a go at some dressage to music. It was during the music session that I discovered she CAN balance and canter a 20m in the arena :D It’s done wonders for my confidence as well, I met so many really lovely people and just spending time chatting to them all about their different journeys with their horses reaffirmed that everyone has issues! I did have a wobble in the jumping lesson as she was a bit of a brat at one point and popped in a couple of bucks and shimmys. No matter if it’s a pole on the ground she jumps big and really pings me with her back end and Im not quite feeling the love for that yet. I love my jumping but it’s early days with her. Ive a finally turned a corner with my silly old leg issues though and my physio and osteopath have both commented on how the strength is back. I feel much more balanced in the saddle as a result and tbf to Bree, my lower back has been locked in spasm, which had locked my hips. Ive lots of work to do but it’s loosening off and I can get my left seatbone back down now!

Anyway, a couple of pics

sat chilling :D
camp5_zpskd69yses.jpg

polework at camp
breetrotpoles_zpspcqepxts.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
They say once you get mares on your side theres nothing you can't achieve, I def think theres some truth in that :D so glad to hear things are happening for you guys :D

That's great. Immersion therapy definitely works wonders. That's what I did over Easter with my kids.

Thanks :) trotting i think. Shame there were no pics of the grid work as there were a few that felt good, once i let her be forward enough!

Dont know how often you rode over winter. I definitely think one needs to ride a horse frequently to get that connection.

ive only had her a few months skib, bought her in feb i think. I agree but camp is a bit different - you are there 24/7 with your horse and riding twice a day for 3-4 hours.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com