Weatherbeeta Landa...

Great. Arnie's had his two years and its still going strong. Never slips, is totally waterproof and keeps him nice and warm. His is an old style one and is supposed to be a deep red colour but is more of a girly pink :eek:

i have an old-style one for toby and one of the new 'freestyle' ones for bonnie. they are ok but do leak and toby's rips very easily. they don't rub though which is a major plus point. however i won't be buying anymore as the new freestyle design means they are way too narrow for a big chested cob like toby. shame weatherbeeta have taken this step, it will lose them a lot of customers as i know a lot of people who say the freestyle is way to narrow for their horses.

I don't use much else other than Weatherbeeta's because they fit the girls really well (no rubs) and are pretty tough - Tavia is a champion rug-trasher. I've had no problems with leaking other than when they've needed a reproof after being cleaned.

Tavia has the Freestyle Landa Combo and Peri is still wearing her 4yo Rocky hi-neck - going into it's 5th winter at the moment.

one of my horses has had the new season freestyle on now for about 6 weeks

he's warm & dry & it stays in place well so i'm happy , only bad thing in my view is the neck fastening on the combo neck is a bit fiddly , but very secure

one of the horses i ride has the blue one with the half neck. it is fairly good in terms of warmth and waterproof but the neck cover gets tucked up inside when he has his head down to eat and it is all bunched up now. but apart from that its really good!!

Going with eventerbabe, Kim's new freestyle is a bit tight across the chest and the 'cup' taliored bit it too high up for her shoulder (i.e the rugs not quite deep enough), but with a chest extender it fits really well.

Apart from that they're really nice rugs. Kim is the biggest rug destroyer (we've got a length of bard-wire on one side for the cows) and usually her rug lasts half a season, if that:rolleyes: This is the second year she's worn hers and not even a scratch:D

I use the freestyle and another one in the same make, i find they dont leak and stay in the correct position, i started using them 2 years ago and bought new ones this year,previous ive nearly always used the masta and still do on the younger natives but find they take for ever to dry and leak at the seams but neither make have ever rubbed any of the animals.

newrider.com