weatherbeeta taka rug and neck rug

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
I have just bought one of these.

Was looking at it last night when i got my post and can't understand how the neck attaches to the rug.

I know that sounds bizarre doesn't it

The main rug does not have any clipping points on it

While the neck rug has the clips that are meant to be on it and these are what you would use to attach it tothe main rug. On the end of them seems to be the clips that i would have expected to see on the main rug.

They are clipped on to the neck bit with a small square bit of material.

Are they expecting me to sew these on?

All my rugs that I have had before normally come ready to use and this one is confusing me and help would be amazing!! Thanks

Sorry for laughing but, I bought my nag a new Wetherbeeta too and I could of put it on upside down, inside out and allsorts.......couldn't figure it out LOL........she ended up wearing an older one that I knew how to put on..........

This new ones got so many straps, buckles and fastenings, and none of them seem to go together........got me stumped and I'm not that stoopid LOL

X

Its the older style one like:
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/perl2/v2.cgi?page=/templates/details.html&productid=32303

I also have the new taka combo like:
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/perl2/v2.cgi?page=/templates/details.html&productid=16108
But i ended up buying the other one becuase this one fitted really badly around the front and more or less squish his chest and slipped back. Going to sell it. The neck and chest seemed to have a bigger hole area then other combos too. So i decided to the the old taka (400g) and the neck cover to try and avoid the issues we had before

don't know how to attach the neck rug, does the main part fit nicer than the combo? One of my friend has "gone off" weatherbeeta since they moved the gussets as they seem to rub, Is it just her horses?

Yes - the normal main rug fits better.

The combo I have to admit was awful - it straggle his shoulders and rubbed in less then a day. A friend noticed and tried to adjust it as well. No matter what we did it just wouldn't sit correctly at the front. So now its just hanging up. What a waste of £130 - how much it was when i bought it last winter when i only used it once! Gos knows if it will sell

Very disappointed that i have just bought a rug that i have to sew myself!

Might take it to my mum at xmas haha!

newrider.com