Weekend post

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
I did wonder if Thursday is too early to start a weekend thread? But I'm off tomorrow, so today is technically a Fake Friday for me :)

What are we all up to?

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Looks like I will be getting on my friends new boy, Harry, she has sat on him but he was a little nervy so she is going to be the foot soldier while I hop on board. Jess will also be getting a bath this weekend, I've already washed her fly rugs in preparation and I'll probably bath Hank too for good measure :p

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
I'm videoing my July dressage anywhere test. We had training with Debby Lush last week (in a thunderstorm!) so think we are on it. She's the most fabulous trainer. I also had groundwork training earlier this week with my baby pony so we'll be working on what we learned. Need to do some spot spraying if the weather is good aswell. I have a list of work to do for school but it's summer hols and unless the weather is bad I can't see me doing any of it!!

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
Tomorrow, I'm riding Pete early and then off to Hickstead for the RIHS. It was supposed to be my boyfriend's introductory horse spectating, but I've come down with a heavy cold so taking my Mum instead ... (He's high risk, she isn't). To be fair, I'm probably going to be able to shop more with my Mum ... :D

The rest of the weekend depends on how quickly my cold dissapears - I'll be riding Pete, but I might have to re-jig plans to see my boyfriend as we were going to go for dinner & drinks, go to brunch and he was going to bring his bike out hacking.

It may just be a quiet chilled one instead :)

Reactions: Jessey

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
When I saw the title I wondered if I really was mixed up with the days of the week lol
No, it's never too early to do a weekend thread!
I think mine will be along the lines of: riding Zi, persuading OH to have a go at finishing making stable doors, making a better path through the muck heap (tis getting silly now, we have zinger towers of muck !), catching up with some reading (OH has just finished a book that he is itching to discuss with me!!), checking on friends ponies if they get delayed on their trip, weed pulling and LOTS of eating - OH has promised an african style beef dish...........

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
My OH is doing a 12 hour cycling event - a time trial. So I will be crewing for him. No ponies for a change - they will be on livery. Should feel like a nice break. But doesn't!!!

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
It's my mums 60th on Saturday. My mum is the most amazing person, I have so much respect and admiration for her, as does everyone who meets her. I'm cycling home after work to give her presents and spend some time with the family.

Working Sunday morning and then riding my share horse and more ragworting with ale :)

Reactions: Trewsers

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
I think I will wait and see what the weather does. 2 of the liveries are away this weekend so I've got 7 horses to muck out (although I may get help from others)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I think I will wait and see what the weather does. 2 of the liveries are away this weekend so I've got 7 horses to muck out (although I may get help from others)

Oooh seven!!! You will be super fit (and tired lol). I am still adjusting to having three instead of two to do!!!

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
Oooh seven!!! You will be super fit (and tired lol). I am still adjusting to having three instead of two to do!!!

Yes it will keep me busy! They are all out at night and in during the day ATM so I won't be able to start until about 4 o'clock, but because they aren't in for long they are pretty clean. I have a great yard though - we just all help each other, nobody pays and nobody counts favours - its what the American's call "pay it forward" I think.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Today in the wind and rain I schooled and popped over a cute jump or two.
I use schooling lightly as in we went left, straight, right, stopped and started :D
Oh she did a fab leg yield one way when the wind picked up.:p
We did two miles according the gps without leaving the yard.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
We have a rare family gathering free weekend (don't know what's going on with family this year lol) so I'm hoping to take Raf out for the day on Sunday and a friend is possibly coming with me. Only fly in the ointment is the weather - heavy showers forecast which I think is more troublesome in summer when you don't know what to wear for the best. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
We have a rare family gathering free weekend (don't know what's going on with family this year lol) so I'm hoping to take Raf out for the day on Sunday and a friend is possibly coming with me. Only fly in the ointment is the weather - heavy showers forecast which I think is more troublesome in summer when you don't know what to wear for the best. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

I'll do an Orkney sundance for you lol hope you get a nice ride and don't get too drowned!!!

Reactions: Bodshi

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
@Bodshi yes and aren't they heavy when they arrive!
I get away with my light cycling jacket and rain legs in summer. They roll up into saddle bags when not in use.

Reactions: Bodshi

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Tomorrow I'm going to a farm walk and to look at there Dexter cattle.
Sunday I might wean the lambs from the mums. Ride in the afternoon.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Hope everyone did what they set out to do at the weekend. We managed to get out for a ride in the North Yorkshire Moors and were very lucky to dodge all the showers. I love this pic that my friend took, it just sums up the gorgeous scenery and the chilled day (apart from the bit where friend's pony panicked, friend fell off and for a horrible few seconds I thought I would be calling the air ambulance!)

Attachments

• IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: GaryB and Trewsers

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hope everyone did what they set out to do at the weekend. We managed to get out for a ride in the North Yorkshire Moors and were very lucky to dodge all the showers. I love this pic that my friend took, it just sums up the gorgeous scenery and the chilled day (apart from the bit where friend's pony panicked, friend fell off and for a horrible few seconds I thought I would be calling the air ambulance!)

Oh no!!! Your poor friend and you too, it must have been scary!!
Lovely scenery too.