Weekend thread

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So who's got what planned this weekend?

After my hard graft last weekend I have a pretty chilled weekend of camping, hiking and SAR practice planned with 2 of the other ladies who joined SAR at the same time I did, šŸ¤žthe weather isn't too awful!

Nothing other than physio on Sunday. Iā€™m shattered after my first week back at work after I got floored by covid. Might try to take the wee guy a walk tomorrow but thatā€™s about it

Well i was planning on worming an applying fly protection to the sheep then splitting them up into smaller groups so that i dont get knocked over again. However the forecast for here over the weekend looks wet yet again.
This is the 3rd or 4th weekend ive planned it but its just rains so i cant do it as the fly treatment has to be applied to the body. Doing when wet is just a waste of time, effort and money.

Ive seen a few bits of ragwort springing up so i might have a walk through the fields and dig out that.

Reactions: Jessey
Working as usual! I don't mind TBH as our local area is very busy at the weekends with people from the smoke recreating, so it's better for me to ride during the week.

Nothing other than physio on Sunday. Iā€™m shattered after my first week back at work after I got floored by covid. Might try to take the wee guy a walk tomorrow but thatā€™s about it
I didnā€™t realise youā€™d had it, definitely take it easy and take time to recover

• Love
Reactions: MrC
Planning a bit of a longer hack tomorrow. I have a particular field in mind that I want to canter up in the hay has been gathered. Sunday might just stick to our hay field but I think the grass is getting a bit long now, I donā€™t want to find something hiding in the grass causing an explosion and donā€™t want to damage farmers grass.

Reactions: Jessey
I was at the barn by 6:30 AM as it was already 74(F) 23(c) with stifling dewpoints & humidity.

ā€œIn the old daysā€ it would have only taken me two hours to shower down two horses and clean out the pee spots in three stalls I walked in the house at 10:24 AMšŸ¤’. Getting old is not the Golden Years but it IS no sport for sisssiesšŸ¤Æ

That means I havenā€˜t lifted a finger the rest of the day, lol

DH worked half day today. He drove the one ton and brought home a pallet of shavings, since the feed store is in the general direction of his work.

No cake - still liking the key lime pie in this heatšŸ„. <ā€”-I think thatā€™s a lime, lol

newrider.com