Weelsby Park Riding Centre

abisheridee

Currently horseless!
Oct 8, 2008
My first ever riding school- anyone else go here and remember the lovely horses? Or do you still go there?

elliecob

May 30, 2006
Are you talking about the Weelsby Park riding school in Grimsby? If so, it was my first riding school as well. I started in 1966 when I was six years old. Horses and ponies I remember are Rusty (first pony I rode), Picture Boy and Silver. It was run by Jean Davies and we used to go riding around Weelsby Woods with her as well as in the school. I absolutely loved it!!

GSM

Feb 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I used to help out for the summer hols when I stayed with my gran in grimsby. I moved from cleethorpes when I was 5 but went back every year. I cannot remember ponies names but there were about 3 bay/strawberry roans which I rode and a little grey pony

abisheridee

Currently horseless!
Oct 8, 2008
Are you talking about the Weelsby Park riding school in Grimsby? If so, it was my first riding school as well. I started in 1966 when I was six years old. Horses and ponies I remember are Rusty (first pony I rode), Picture Boy and Silver. It was run by Jean Davies and we used to go riding around Weelsby Woods with her as well as in the school. I absolutely loved it!!
Yes I am and wow! It is owned by Glenys Woodhead now, I think. It's a really lovely place still, have you ever been back?

elliecob

May 30, 2006
Yes I am and wow! It is owned by Glenys Woodhead now, I think. It's a really lovely place still, have you ever been back?
Glenys is Jean's sister, and yes, I went back there for the first time about a year and a half ago as they had a pony of mine on loan. It didn't half bring back some great memories...!!!

abisheridee

Currently horseless!
Oct 8, 2008
That's so lovely! Glad I posted this thread :)

Also, do you remember Topper? My Sister went there when she was younger and remembers him :)