Well that's Albert backed

MissMare

Mar 6, 2008
:giggle: I've been a naughty naughty mummy! I promised I wouldn't sit on Albert until closer to 4 than 3. He isn't yet 2 (22 months) but I just couldn't resist a couple of weeks ago and then again today :giggle: yes, I know, I am just like all those owners on Dragon Driving, I am cruel and need shooting! No seriously, the lazy git wouldn't get up off the floor so I could take his rug off and sitting on him sideways seemed like it might budge him but no sireee! Then today the same so I straddled him with my feet on the ground, then cuddled him round his neck for a bit. Then got bored and went and off to shake a bucket instead to get him up. Apparently me wrapping myself around him is no such big deal and especially not enough to warrant standing up to have a rug removed.

:help: I have been very naughty!

At least he can't buck you off when he's laid down :D I don't think he's going to be difficult to do when the time comes is he :)

Bless him! He's such a lovely laid back lad :)

It's great to desensitise them as much as poss before proper backing, makes sitting on them a bit of a non-event

newrider.com