Wellies

katefarmer

Feb 10, 2005
Austria - near Vienna
www.xanga.com
I know I'm hard on my wellies. They get worn every day, dragged through mud, snow, water, muck - but they all seem to give up the ghost at an alarming rate! I've gone thorough 4 pairs in just over a year. Always the same problem - the rubber starts cracking... and the water gets in!! I'm beginning to wonder whether we have acid rain or something that's rotting the rubber!:eek: Freezing, wet feet are no fun at all in January! :mad::mad:

Has anyone else had this problem... and does anyone know of any REALLY TOUGH wellies that will stand up to a reasonable amount of wear and not crack at the first sign of pressure?

Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Kate,

I live on a farm with 2 horses and over 300 beef cattle. So every morning and evening before and after work i have to get out there and feed everything. The farm is full of a mixture on cow poo and mud! And i have lived in my Muck Boot (Tack) wellies. I do wear waterproof trousers over the top but they have kept my feet warm, dry and comfortable. I have had these boots for over 4 years now and not one split in them.

Jo

I've had my Tyne Muck Boots for about 4 years and they're just starting to split a bit now. They're warm, very comfortable, waterproof and good to ride in. I wear them virtually every day. They're about £50, but worth every penny.

I agree, my muck boots are wonderful, I wear them every day and just fold them down if it gets too warm. The only slight criticism I have is that they can be a bit slippy on icy concrete. The certainly keep feet warm though and last for years

yes i get through at least 2-3 pairs a year ,iv just paid £50 for some, a xmas prezzie to myself, the girl at the tack shop said it doesnt matter how much you pay for them, if you leave them in a store room or garage etc they will perish ,you are supposed to clean them and bring them indoors.

I've started a thread on this in the cafe area as well.....you might want to look there for some hints and tips!

newrider.com