Went a little further, but must not count my chickens...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Had a lovely hack before work again this morning (apart from being eaten alive by midges:mad::eek:) Went our usual route, but - in the spirit of good weather adventures went a little further. All went well and as I was bragging to OH on the way back along the lines of "isn't it wonderful being able to be aboard these noble creatures on such a gorgeous morning" (yes, I know it was a flowery way of putting it:p:eek:) Storm put in a spook:p :eek: Talk about counting chickens.....anyway, it was fabulous and I laughed as I kind of expected it (I feel like I half tempted the spook as I'd been mentioning them to OH!). Anyway, just wanted to share:) Oh, but how are you finding the midges? They are particularly horrible atm even first thing at our place.

Go trewsers! :cool:

Funilly enough I'm not suffering with midges despite having a pond in the field. I am getting billions of little flying beatles though. Green head and brown body :confused:

Well done, you sound like your enjoying yourself.Dont know how you do the early mornings tho...
Midges drive my boy mad when we are out so today I put vasaline on his nostrils and I bought a fly net which is great till we do trot or canter and then it blows up!!! But he rode really well today with not much shaking. xx

Hehehe Sisco, I know what you mean about the early mornings, I just have to ride then tho as after work and by the time I've done all the other things I have to do its either too late or I'm too jiggered! I think also that first thing in a morning I am at my most relaxed and don't worry quite so much about things!

Joyscarer, those little beetles you have sound interesting! We have lots of small greenish / bluish ones at the moment, but don't know what they are. They seem harmless enough.........

Didn't go today, bagged out as it was blowing a right old hooley down our way!!! (clucks like a chicken......!!!) Am having a week off next week - hurrah - so will hopefully be going a bit further each morning (no time frame to work to!!).

No what you mean about it being windy. My daughter was due to ride this afternoon but last time it was really windy and he got spooky and she was really scared! Enjoy your week off, you lucky thing. xx

newrider.com