Went to chickyd's yard today and got to ride Dolly and Jasper! Yay! *Pics*

skips and soda

Skippy Bum & Skoda Fabia
Sep 15, 2007
South West, Nr. Bath
Okay, well title says it all! :p
Went to chickyd's yard today! :D Was so much fun!
We went for a little hack after I arrived and I rode HC's Dolly! :D She is lovely and absolutely stunning and was so so well behaved. She and Jasper were really good and we had a great ride! Thank you so much to HC for allowing me to ride Dolly! She was a sweetheart and even caught me when I nearly dragged myself off on the gate! (Completely not her fault, I was struggling slightly and nearly pulled myself off! :rolleyes: Thankfully she's very sweet and waited for me to right myself before we moved off! Lol!)! :eek:

Then Aims went in the grass arena for a bit to run through her dressage tests. :) (I'm bad and didn't take any pics I'm afraid cos I was too busy watching). But they did well and the tests were really good. :D Then Aims let me have a ride on Jasp! :D He is amazing. I had a massive grin on my face! He was so lovely to ride and was so sweet, even though I rode like a sack of spuds and was so embarrassed when people from her yard came to watch. :eek: But everyone is so friendly there and I had a fab time and Jasper is amazing! Am making plans to go and steal him! Lol!

I headed on home in the afternoon and my face is still like this> :D (just not green)! Lol! Was great fun and I had a fab morning! Thank you so so much Aims and thankies to Jasper and Dolly, and HC for allowing me to ride Dolly! I had a great time!

(pics coming, just uploading onto PB, and Aims has the rest)!

Okay, Aims and Jasp.
Photo0113.jpg

Dolly earshots!
Photo0122.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Aims and Jasp! (She was just gathering up her reins here, I take picsat bad times! Lol)!
Photo0139.jpg

Aims and Jasp having a canter back across the field! :D
Photo0140.jpg

I terrible at taking pics. :eek: Aims has a few pics I think and I'm sure they are way way better!

Aww, glad you had a good day, I've been sniffling all day! And I'm envious that you got to ride, Jasper's looking well hunky and Dolly's ears very cute :D And I agree, her yard's very friendly :)

I had a fab time and Jasper was lovely to ride. I was very lucky that Aims let me have a go on him. :D He was fab! I really hope she wasn't shocked by my bad riding though! Lol!

angelofages-I think there's more than a few embarrassing pics of me! :eek: I recall several of me grinning cheesily. :eek:

Yeah, the tabard and my bad photo taking! Aims does not look like that in real life!

Oh God, the pics of me grinning cheesily and sat on poor Jasp like a sack of spuds. :eek:

I love the 'riders eye view' pics on Dolly haha i am v v jealous of all your lovely countryside :( hate being an urban owner :(

I will be having a lot of them when I do my charity ride haha!

I remember seeing pics from when my RI and 6 or 7 other riders did a 7 day ride to Holy Island in Scotland from Manchester, and all her pics have the grey tips of Jessie's (her horse) ears at the bottom :D

ok here's the bit you have all been waiting for Es riding by lad - she looks tiny on him lol, but can i just say what an amazing rider she is !! i was super impressed by the way she rode by boy, she got him looking lovely !!!!! ;);)

Firstly Es hacking out on the marveloushish Dolly Bird -Es being a very safety contious lady insisted on the flourescent strip thing ;)
Photo-0016.jpg

Es and the Jasper :)
Photo-0017.jpg

Photo-0018.jpg

Photo-0019.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

more to follow ;)

and a few more for good measure didnt take any of her in the grass school which was a shame coz she had him going great guns ! :D

i love this one - she looks teeny weeny LOL
Photo-0021.jpg

Photo-0022.jpg

had a wicked day, Es is a total doll and is such great company and cant wait for Thursday as she will accompanying me to me FIRST ever test as OFFICIAL HEAD GROOM :eek::eek::D

Last edited:
newrider.com