we're back in business!!

Yay!!! I taught womble to "park up" next to benches and stuff so I could put my foot directly onto the bench and not bend as much :)

Excellent! How about leg over front of saddle and slide off style dismount?

I second this. I havn't had a caesarian, but I had abdominal surgery last year, leaving a long scar. I definitely found this a more comfortable way to get off for the first few weeks after I started riding again.

I second this. I havn't had a caesarian, but I had abdominal surgery last year, leaving a long scar. I definitely found this a more comfortable way to get off for the first few weeks after I started riding again.

I third this, It was much more comfortable with broken ribs to swing my leg over his head and slide off. I wasnt that great at it, I kicked him in the head once (gently), and hurt my bum on the stirrup a couple of times but it was much better than getting off the normal way for a couple of weeks.

Well done you though, back in the saddle, must feel great. :wink: And bless little Appley, she must have thought she was retired as well.

whoo! went for a hack today!

Probably a bit misguided eg. nobody on the yard, roadwork, went out alone ... but since I ride alone 99% of the time anyway I figured I might as well get started again. Appley was .... fast! Bit girthy but then they broke into a fenced off area of grass so she probly has a gassy grass belly.

We trotted, cantered ... all fine. A bit uncomfortable at times but not too bad! I tried getting off by swinging leg over the front - couldn't do it. I could not get my leg up high enough for the life of me, the muscles just aren't there :(

SO I clambered off with one foot still in the stirrup. Poor form I know, but at least it didn't hurt as much! I doubt I'll be able to do any 'emergency dismounts' any time soon ....

I love my little pony lots! Not all horses can be left for six months, given a full clip and be hacked solo through the village ...

Julia

x

and here is donkeychops ....

Last edited:
So pleased to hear that you had a good couple of rides. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

Do take it easy though - not sure that too much cantering is a good idea this early. Remember that you have no abdominal muscles at all - that's why you can't get off. It takes time for the muscles to bind back together (my doctor told me 2 years to recover properly) so try and take it easy for a while if you can.

You must feel good though...

went out for a potter with a friend last night :)

Mary Poppins - cantering feels easier than trotting somehow :frown: but must resist temptation, I definitely don't want to make anything worse.

I think I found a way to get off without pulling things I shouldn't be pulling, thank god :)

newrider.com