Western Riding In Cheshire?

x.fat-pony.x

Sep 9, 2006
Hi all you western fans! Just wondering if there were any riding centers in Cheshire, UK that do western riding lessons? Just I've always wanted to try it, and now I have a job I can afford it!! :p
Thanks in advance! xxx :)

Clinic in Cheshire

David Gray, who is the British Reining Champion, the AQHA UK Reining Champion, the AQHA UK Reserve Reining Champion and the WES Reining Champion, will be doing a clinic in Cheshire on 19th and 20th February. The clinic will be for all levels and all disciplines. See www.davidgray.biz for more info.:)

Hi i been looking for ages, and have not found anywhere and having no horse of my own makes it harder but i was reading horse mag and someone had been to a trail/hacking place in leicestershire so i googled it it is about 2 hrs away and i am going on sunday, cant wait, will let you know how it goes if you like??

Hi i been looking for ages, and have not found anywhere and having no horse of my own makes it harder but i was reading horse mag and someone had been to a trail/hacking place in leicestershire so i googled it it is about 2 hrs away and i am going on sunday, cant wait, will let you know how it goes if you like??

It does make it harder without a horse doesn't it? well done though for finding somewhere! please PM with details when you get back!!! x

rockys ranch

Hiya I used to live In Cheshire and myself and my friend used to go to Rockys ranch. They do western riding hacks, along the penine way ..Lovely horses amazing saddles!! heres there website..its not in Cheshire but its over the way from manchester/stockport/peak district area, didnt take to long to get there and was a pleasant drive to!! Would highly recommened anyway;)

http://www.westernridingadventures.co.uk/horse_riding_about_rocky.htm

Thanks DenBenj that place looks lovely! Will definately save up some money and nag my mum and hopefully I will be posting about my lovely western experience! :D
Thank yoo for all your help! :) xxx

i went and i going again!!

Well i wil if they will have me a rode Banjo, a loverly little boy,
the riding in hindsight was exciting and i thouroughly ebjoyed it Susie the owner and our guide for the ride was nice and very knolwedable about her horses, apart from a couple of spooks(as all horses do) it all went well ,but god is it different!.
i got the hang of the 8 ft reins!! and the stering pretty well the Jog was ok when i relaxed and didnt think about it too much, as when i did got was it bumpy!.
The lope was ok but then thats when i had the spooks and it was a bit unsettling, just getting used to it all, but i will defintely try again,

well worth too hous drive!.
the place is Grange Farm Criollo horses there is an article in Horse magazine in it!
Nicky

You may get an exciting hack in wester tack at Rocky's but you will not learn how to ride western properly. If you are serious about western equitation, you need a good instructor. Sherie Dermody is a WES insructo rin Cheshire.

newrider.com