what’s been happening with us

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
sorry I havent had much to post about for a while. Some of you might remember I hadnt been well, all the antibiotics etc etc. I really thought I was on an upward trend until 3 weeks ago a wisdom tooth got infected and I ended up on antibiotics again. Sods law, my hubby was working away all week so I was on my own running the place and dealing with a wee one. I wasnt sleeping, the infection was right into the jaw bone and the pain was excruciating into my ear and the top of my head!! I got over that and managed to ride Brook a few times.. Briea is still away at my friend’s yard and being ridden 6 days a week. Then last Thursday I ended up at the local hospital with a horrific dose of bacterial tonsilitis :( . seriously fed up and of course, on yet more antibiotics!! Im still really poorly, my glands are huge and Ive now a mouth full of ulcers to add to the pain.

The ponies on the other hand are doing well! Brook doesnt seem to be too fussed by being ridden infrequently and it suits her age and stage. Briea is thriving with my friend and she’s decided she would like to buy her. It’s a hard decision as she’s such a nice pony but Im barely keeping 1 in work and coming into winter it’s only going to get worse. We will still hack out together and share some lessons so I’ll see her all the time. In some ways it’s a relief - I got to the stage today where I HAD to poo pick the paddock that Brook and mini Pip share, it was looking bad. Well it nearly saw me off, I just wanted to curl in a ball and die eek. Ive all the shetlands to look after as well although thankfully Im able to rotate them and chain harrow.

No pics to share as we havent done anything but hopefully I will kick this latest bug to the kerb and we will get going again!!

Oo you really are going through the mill, glad things are panning out with the neddies, hopefully it gives you the break you need to see off all these nasty infections :)

So sorry you are feeling so ill and run down. Can you not take a break from work to recharge your batteries properly? Your body is trying to tell you enough is enough. Healing vibes being sent your way xx

thank you :) im very lucky and not at work as such - in as much as im not back teaching. im at home with my wee one who is nursery age so he’s only in for 3 hours. There is no other childcare and we have no family about to support us. Other than that its the home and mini farm.. id love to have a granny or auntie come and in say they’d look after things for a weekend and just stay in bed but its not going to happen.

my god that sounds horrific !! Its so hard when your on your own in serious pain with a wee one in tow! Hope things are on the up now ! poor you !x

What a shame hope it passes soon. Good that you have found a home for briea that suits her and you are happy with :)

thanks everyone. well ive woken up this morning feeling a good bit better, I think I’ll manage with no pain killers today so the antibitotics must be kicking in :) I seem to have some very odd little spots on my hands and feet thought, hmmm. What next?!

newrider.com