What a day!!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Well what a day me and the boy have had!!
There was a little dressage show that we were wanting to attend. A few weeks ago while I was practising. Sox shot off, binking like a rabbit!! I sadly came off and ended up in A&E twice as a result of the fall. For a few days after we stayed only in walk. After a few more days I had the confidence to trot him. However each time we hit a corner I was so nervous he would tank off! I got off and for the first time in 5 years I felt nervous on him. I spoke to the YO about missing this show as I felt it would blow his brains! Not to mention another A&E job! So I thought about just going for the hack and for him to gain experience. I had lunged him, mainly because I haven't cantered him in a very long time. Thursday night I was able to loose school him which he loved. I felt more confident. Friday night I long reined him. I was worried as he wasn't his normal self and looked quite stiff. After 15 minutes he let out this large fart and appeared much happier!!!
I decided to enter as I could always withdraw if he was going mad, so that's what I did. The plan was to set off around 10:10 in order to get there with enough time to warm him up a little more before my test at 10:57. The girl I was going with didn't show up until 10:05! Then told me at 10:20 she wouldn't be going. So I didn't have long to get there and I hadn't taken him on the roads in over a month as he was too full of it! We went via the bypass roundabout ( quickiest route, and got there around 10:50 I think. Sadly they had my test at 10:43. So I had to try to fit somewhere else. Then I didn't have a reader as my friend should have been doing it. After that around 11:05. I was told it wasn't Stressage ( where you can wear whatever) and needed to be in show gear. I am around a size 10. There was my YO friends there who agreed to very kindly let me borrow her stuff... Breeches and coat.. However she was a size 18..

Finally it was our turn to shine. We walked in and sox was snorting. I could feel he was on edge though I calmly walked him and was able to show hi the car at C. We did our test. I messed up on a few circles and the halt. However we came out. I was proud of him but annoyed at myself. Sox handled it very well, second time in that school first test. No bucking, spooking, bolting. I then swapped clothes and took him back, praised him so much then shortly after I set off home. I picked up my result later as I forgot my headcollar and leadrope!
53850236_10161359230550167_5313900836177313792_n[1].jpg55495094_10161360555285167_5206652818441633792_n[1] (2).jpg
Very very proud of us both! Considering only 3 days ago I was debating whether to even go. I am very pleased as the mark... Its nice to come first and last at the same time!... even if I was the only one doing Intro A :D

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
You should be incredibly proud of yourself, well done both of you, hard work paying off.

Love the last comment and Sox's face

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Oh that story's brilliant - it's like the weather at the moment - terrible storms, then a bit of a dull drizzly spell and finally the sun comes out! Good for you.:)